cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

KOA disappoints.... again!

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
We wanted to surprise our best friends this Christmas with a special gift. While we have never been fans of KOA for a number of reasons {poor locations, exorbitant fees etc.}, our friends make an annual trip to Moss Landing where frankly, based upon their recommendation, we had a nice visit last September.

On December 11th I went to the KOA website and purchased a gift certificate for our friends to use on their next KOA stay. My credit card was charged immediately. We waited anxiously to hear from our friends when they received the e mail from KOA with their gift certificate. By the 20th with no news I had to call them and ask them to check their e mail, spam accounts etc., in search of their Christmas surprise but alas nothing had been sent.

On the 20th I called KOA, when I tried to reach their customer service number the phone rang about 30 times with no response but on the third call they finally answered. I explained the problem and expressed my frustration at KOA having ruined the Christmas surprise and asking that the gift certificate be sent. They assured me that it had been sent, it had not, and promised to send it immediately.

I followed up with an e mail directly to KOA customer service and received an automated response assuring me I would hear back from them in no more than 2 business days. After nine days I had heard nothing from KOA. I continued to check with our friends but as of this morning, the 29th, they had received nothing from KOA. I called KOA again {another 30 rings before an answer}, was once again assured it had been sent but, they would "send it again".

I asked them to send it directly to me this time so that I would verify delivery and lo and behold it magically appeared in my in box just a couple of minutes later. I forwarded it to our friends who were delighted but hardly surprised.

A big fat thanks for nothing to KOA for ruining what we hoped would be a nice Christmas surprise. Note to KOA management: Taking money for goods and or services without providing the same constitutes fraud, pure and simple. Lying about it, repeatedly, just added to the aggravation.

:M
64 REPLIES 64

fpresto
Explorer
Explorer
Agree. Way too many variables to blame KOA in this case.
USN Retired
2016 Tiffin Allegro 32 SA

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
I am no fan of KOA but there are too many variables in the OP's complaint to blame KOA.

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Man, I hope your friends still believe in Santa Claus after this terrible experience.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
A little harsh
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

BuckyBadger
Explorer
Explorer
I dunno. Mabey it was your friend's E mail if you got it righ away you when asked. Really hard to say what went wrong. Glad you got straightened out