cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lets talk tires

RedRam
Explorer
Explorer
In 2012 I replaced my tires with BF Goodrich Commercial T/A A/S in size LT235/85 R16 LRE.I somewhat remember after I put them on I got a safety recall notice from BF Goodrich.It said "It is important that all recalled tires be removed from service as soon as possible".That was 2012 and we went to S. Texas for the winter for a total of 1000 mi. on those tires and the camper has been sitting in our drivway since that time.When we got back something happened to me and the camper was the least of my problems but now I think i'm ready again.My question is the tires,what is everybody's opinion on BF Goodrich still replacing them ?.They are weather cracked from sitting but they can tell by the tread they havn't been down the hiway.
Am I asking for to much ?.
Thanks
2016 Laramie Longhorn Aisin Trans
2016 Bighorn 3970RD
5 REPLIES 5

RedRam
Explorer
Explorer
I called BF Goodrich this morning and explained my situation to them and she was very understanding.After discussing it she said there shouldn't be any problem and talked to a discount store close to me.Then she put all three of us on a conference call and Discount tire will check the numbers on the tires. If they are on the recall list then they will be replaced with the updated tires with no charge.
If by some slim chance they are not on the recall list I still want new tires as I don't trust these old weather cracked tires.
2016 Laramie Longhorn Aisin Trans
2016 Bighorn 3970RD

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
They are weather cracked from sitting
They were recalled and are dry rotted as a result of sitting three plus years. I know what I would do.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
BFG has replaced the Commercial TA AS tire with the Commercial TA AS 2 tire. They are a redesigned tire.
I would check with them and see what kind of deal they offer.
Tell them you want the Michelin XPS Rib AS tire for replacement and see what they say. Michelin owns BFG and Michelin will make those decisions.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Helimech
Explorer
Explorer
They were recalled, Replace or not, get rid of them.

Sport45
Explorer
Explorer
If they were recalled BFG will probably still replace them.
โ€™19 F350 SRW CCLB PSD Fx4
'00 F250, CC SWB 4x2, V-10 3.73LS. (sold)
'83 F100 SWB 4x2, 302 AOD 3.55. (parked)
'05 GMC Envoy 4x2 4.2 3.73L.
'12 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
'15 Cherokee Trailhawk