cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

magnetic wireless toad lights.

jgolden
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone tried magnetic LED wireless toad lights? Thanks any info.
2016 Newmar BayStar Sport Ford F53 chassis down sized from :2001 Newmar MountainAire 350Cummins ISC,Spartan, 2015 GMC Terrain
14 REPLIES 14

jgolden
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all. I'll buy a set
2016 Newmar BayStar Sport Ford F53 chassis down sized from :2001 Newmar MountainAire 350Cummins ISC,Spartan, 2015 GMC Terrain

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
on any vehicle you do have another option. just put on a pair of magnetic ones that are hard wired to the TV. no possible damage to the electrical system, etc.
bumpy

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, we do use them. As indicated in the previous post, on many newer cars you really have no choice but to use these, or wire in separate bulbs. Wiring into existing tail lights with diodes, on some newer vehicles can be a VERY bad idea, and lead to costly repairs not covered by warranty.

We mount the magnetic lights INSIDE the car, on the rear shelf right behind rear headrests. Small piece of Velcro stuck underneath the lights holds them in place very well. This works great on most sedan type vehicles, and obviously completely eliminates any risk of scratching paint.

Beauty of this approach is, you get the best of all worlds - A permanent installation that can stay in place all the time as lights are not in the way or block rear vision. Yet, is very inexpensive and can be quickly and easily removed and put into next vehicle when/if you trade. No need to spend bunch of $$ on wiring kits that you will probably have to purchase and install all over again when you trade vehicles. And, no tapping into vehicle's wiring at all.
Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I do use them. My dealer was very emphatic when we bought this truck new that if the wiring was disturbed with towing lights that the GM warranty for the electrics would be void. We have used this dealer for many years and he knows we tow our trucks behind the RV. I have been very satisfied with them and the batteries last well over 24 hours of continuous use, which translates to at least a month of towing use.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

jgolden
Explorer
Explorer
I was looking at Pilot brand LED wireless. Lights require batteres. Just over $100. Not sure how long the batts last, that was info I was looking for.
One less thing to hook up.
Thanks

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dog Folks wrote:
klutchdust wrote:
jgolden wrote:

wireless?

Wireless in as much as they do not have to tap into the tow vehicle wire harness.

Here you go: Link

pretty cool. The price of those could get a few diodes put into your existing lights

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I spent $17 at Harbor Freight for hard wired instead of $250 for the wireless ones.

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
To eliminate scratches, just cut and glue some felt on the bottom of the lights. Will not reduce the magnet's ability to stick to the toad.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Scratches the paint. Worth the few extra bucks to hard wire them in, IMHO.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

joemyers
Explorer
Explorer
Not yet. I am still using the wired ones.
Joe, Retired & on the road whenever I want, KeepMov'n

2000 Dodge/CTD 3500 DRW SLT+ 6 speed 4x4, 3.54 rear, Exhaust Brake
2003 Lance 1121 with all the options plus
1999 Toyota Taco V-6 5 speed 4x4 Toad, SMI wireless power brake control

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
klutchdust wrote:
jgolden wrote:

wireless?

Wireless in as much as they do not have to tap into the tow vehicle wire harness.

Here you go: Link
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
No, I have not tried them. I have seen some similar to these.
Not sure how long the batteries in the lights would work.
Magnetic wireless lights

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

SpiKar
Explorer
Explorer
I have not. I have had three toads and all of them have been hard wired to the tail light. It works well and there is no chance of scratching the paint job with the magnetic lights

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
jgolden wrote:

wireless?