cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mounting TV in kz Sportsmen Classic 190

nal13
Explorer
Explorer
I never thought I would want a TV in a camper, but the fiancee wanted one and after spending some time at our site when the mosquitos where terrible, I decided to order one with a mounting bracket. This is the TV and mount I ordered. There is a sticker on the wall of the tt that is labeled something like "TV backer panel" and I contacted customer service at KZ asking how thick it was, all I got for a reply is the walls are 1" thick. So, can I only use 1" screws to mount this. I would like to avoid using a piece of plywood behind the TV mount. Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.
9 REPLIES 9

nal13
Explorer
Explorer
I forgot to take pictures, but that worked and seemed sturdy enough. I do have to find smaller screws for where the tv mounts to the mount or just a few washers.

nal13
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
I have a similar articulating mount and a 32" screen. The arm stays closed when traveling. I used a plywood backer board on the wall. With a 22" screen you should be able to bridge two studs and not even see the plywood backer. I would suggest to mount into the studs, some of these TV backers installed by the mfg. are only a piece of galvanized sheet material underneath the paneling.

If you think you need a transit securement, a piece of strap across the screen is all that's needed.

Thank you.

I wish I could be camping now, but the fiancee is working today and this weekend. ๐Ÿ˜ž

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I have a similar articulating mount and a 32" screen. The arm stays closed when traveling. I used a plywood backer board on the wall. With a 22" screen you should be able to bridge two studs and not even see the plywood backer. I would suggest to mount into the studs, some of these TV backers installed by the mfg. are only a piece of galvanized sheet material underneath the paneling.

If you think you need a transit securement, a piece of strap across the screen is all that's needed.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

nal13
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:

My TV made it all around Michigan, and to Alaska and back over the worst roads I have ever seen, without so much as even moving away from the wall.

My TV weighs 10# according to amazon. So you don't even have anything to hold the tv against the wall, it just stays there by itself? I figured I would have to figure out something to keep it up against the wall.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
nal13 wrote:
GordonThree wrote:
Just clicked the link, i'm using that exa bracket.

Perfect, thank you. I figured worst case, I would remove the tv during traveling, but that won't be necessary. Do you like the 200?

I wouldn't bother with removing it, unless your TV is some old fashioned LCD beast like the 110 pound 52" Samsung I have in my house (wtf samsung why so heavy!), it won't be going anywhere.

I like the 200 quite a lot, I had looked at a lot of floor plans previously, and the 200 had the right combo of features that worked well for me as a solo traveler. One of these years I'll get around to converting the dinette into a love seat - it works fine for eating at, but its rather uncomfortable for sitting in to watch tv, read or just look out the windows.

jfkmk wrote:
I'm not sure I would leave the tv mounted while traveling. As the trailer bounces, even a light weight tv puts an awful amount of stress on the mounting bracket , it's hardware and the wall. We have a similar tv and just put it on the table or counter when we watch it.

To each their own ๐Ÿ™‚

My TV made it all around Michigan, and to Alaska and back over the worst roads I have ever seen, without so much as even moving away from the wall.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

nal13
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:

Perfect, thank you. I figured worst case, I would remove the tv during traveling, but that won't be necessary. Do you like the 200?

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not sure I would leave the tv mounted while traveling. As the trailer bounces, even a light weight tv puts an awful amount of stress on the mounting bracket , it's hardware and the wall. We have a similar tv and just put it on the table or counter when we watch it.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
I mounted a 26 in led tv in my kz 200 using a lightweight wall mount arm and 3/4" long #12 lag screws. No problems here after 15000+ miles some of them very bumpy.