cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Neskowin Creek RV Park membership

mtnbbud
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. Moderators feel free to move this if it's not.

After coming back from a RV show where we put our names into a drawing to win a generator, we were called saying we won a free one year membership to the Neskowin Creek RV park. The person on the phone kept saying, "this is a big deal", but would not mention what fees might be involved. We were told we'd also be given 3 nights free and a $25 gift card for Camping World for meeting at their office in Tigard.

I'm under the impression that "free" is going to be far from free and was wondering if anyone else has sat through this meeting and what the results were. I would plan to attend the meeting to collect on the 3 free nights, but refuse the "free" year membership. Feel free to pm.
20 REPLIES 20

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another membership timeshare. Once they get you your stuck until you can sell it to some other usnspecting sucker.

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
All I can say is beware, beware and don't get sucked in. They give out those "free" memberships all the time at RV shows and we got one too in the beginning and they love to give them to unsuspecting newbies buying their first RV. They don't have a draw, they go through all of the entries in the barrel and contact every one of them to try and snag a sucker.

"Free" is something like one free weekend, not in the summer and not on a long weekend and is only good for one year. Be prepared to get a used car type sales pitch if you go to a "presentation". No two memberships are the same and it's a game to negotiate what you can in the contract. Do your due diligence on the internet before doing something you may regret. We used our "free" membership as a bargaining tool when we bought into KM and got something like $1K off but may have gotten that off anyway if pushed hard enough. Memberships can include a single CG, a few select ones or all of them. Neskowin is reasonably clean and cared for. It's owned separately from all their other CGs as it is owned by another family member and operated independently. We found to to be rather bland and boring and it was a bit of a drive to the nearest town or attraction. It's nowhere near a beach either. We wouldn't have gone back but others may find it's to their liking.

We used to be members of KM Resorts which has around 10 or so CGs around Wa. plus the Neskowin CG in Or. After 4 years of using KM we got rid of it early this year. We visited all of them. They have lots of issues due to poor maintenance and failure to enforce their rules. We finally got sick and tired of it all. Some of their CGs have been way oversold and are hard to get into in the high season (like Beachwood) - I think Neskowin is easier tho.

If you want other KM Resorts CGS and some of the various available options and benefits, you MUST negotiate them into your contract.

We sold our top of the line KM membership for $1000 that included all KM CGs incl. Neskowin. Cost us around $4K initially. Even at $1K it took us months to sell it. If you really want a Neskowin membership or all of the KM CGs, look for a used one on CL. We now have a premium membership in a CG network that will get us into their CGs all across the US and we only paid $750 on CL and they have 4 or 5 CGs on the Or. Coast in comparison and are quite happy with it.

Last year KM sent a supposedly independent, arms length sales guy to our house in BC (from Wa. state) to give us a pitch to upgrade our membership for something like $5K - $10K to get access to vacation condos around the world and a few other benefits. Total BS pitch. The guy said it was a one-time offer that ended the moment he left our house. He expected us to write him a check on the spot! He even tried to insist our access to Neskowin wasn't included in our membership despite having it in writing on our contract and having even been there. This pitch was the last straw... :M

Membership CG organizations can be good but it depends on what your "camping" style and expectations are. Most importantly, do all the research you can on the 'net and even go visit one of their CGs and ask what members think before laying out the $$.

BTW, never buy a pre-owned membership from anyone unless the seller gives you the membership no. and you check it with the head office.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Last week I received a call from one in Pennsylvania. I told them I don't bother with high pressure sales people.

Then they really turned up the pressure telling me how they were not a high pressure outfit.

I played with them for about 10 minutes until I got tired of playing the game.
But, it was fun for awhile.

DanNJanice
Explorer
Explorer
These guys are no better/worse that the rest of the membership services. Your "free" membership is most likely, "we will wave first year membership if you sign up" if you can find it in the fine print. You will get nothing free, unless you pay for it. The membership will cost you several thousand along with a yearly "maintenance" fee.
If I were you, I would just say NO.
2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 F250 PSD

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Their website only has generic info....NOTHING about buy in costs, dues, maintenance fees etc.

If you have won a 'free 1 year membership' WHY would you be given '3 nights free' :H

These are come-on promotions for 'hard sell' membership drive.

Private membership rv parks are OK IF......BIG IF
*** You use them frequently
*** You purchase membership on the cheap---That means via RESALE (Not thru the rv park at FULL retail)

********Caveat:
Attending one of this promos/using the 3 night free etc CAN shut you out of resale for 2 years. (Records are kept---they don't want you do see/use and turn down high pressure sales and then go purchase for 1/5th or less via RESALE market)

We had private membership PLUS affiliate memberships when we FTd. Paid $950 total buy in (Lots of private run $5000-$6000 PLUS yearly dues/fees)
Total yrly dues/fees for ALL was less then $200

BUT we bought them RESALE and USED them fairly frequently when there were located where we were going.

Personally PASS......unless you really really want to go, have NO intentions of purchase now/or soon and can really really stick to "JUST SAY NO!" :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Hard pressure sales pitch so get ready. Learn the word NO and apply it liberally through out the sales pitch. You will meet one guy and when you say no, another comes to take his place and when you still say no you might get another guy. Your 90 minute spiel will be around 3 to possible 4 hours so get ready.

Remember the secret word....NO