cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Other than a Jeep or CR-V

berreez
Explorer
Explorer
Other than a Jeep and Honda CR-V is there any other new SUV type vehicles with automatic transmissions that can be flat towed behind a Class A DP?
Needing to lock something in before I get my DP next year.
8 REPLIES 8

gasser9
Explorer
Explorer
Pulles a Saturn Vue for years UPGRADED to a Buick Enclave dominate big sister to the Terrain. Love it!

Stanmawyer
Explorer
Explorer
Just gotta ask...why not a Jeep??
All the Best,
Captain Stan
2006 American Heritage 600HP

dicknellen
Explorer
Explorer
Check Motorhome Mag Toad/dingy guides. http://www.motorhomemagazine.com/

Every year they put out a guide of cars and trucks that can become toads without having to do modifications. 2014 guide was with April issue.

ronfisherman
gemsworld wrote:
If you're looking for a used toad, you may want to look at a Saturn Vue. I had a 2005 Vue V6 AWD with an auto tranny that I towed behind my moho for many years.

Good luck!

If you like the newer 2008-10 Vue. You can find 2012 to 2014 Chevy Captiva's. Same car as the newer Vue's.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

bocanut50
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2013 Ford Edge SEL that tows great.
Bill Stiles
2003 Discovery 38T
2013 Ford Edge SEL

Community Alumni
Not applicable
If you're looking for a used toad, you may want to look at a Saturn Vue. I had a 2005 Vue V6 AWD with an auto tranny that I towed behind my moho for many years.

Good luck!

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
Nearly any 4X4 vehicle with a NEUTRAL position in the transfer case can be towed four down.
I say "nearly" because there are ALWAYS exceptions, and somebody is bound to point one out if I don't say "nearly" or "almost" or some other such qualifier.
there may be 4X2 vehicles with automatic transmission that can be towed four down, I don't know.
It pays to read the Owners Manual and follow the instructions contained therein. The book may not always be correct, but the dealer doesn't have much of a leg to stand on in denying a warranty claim if the instructions were followed to the letter and something goes wrong.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
berreez wrote:
Other than a Jeep and Honda CR-V is there any other new SUV type vehicles with automatic transmissions that can be flat towed behind a Class A DP?
Needing to lock something in before I get my DP next year.

There are lots of them...just gotta do a little research. Note my signature for ours. Also, the sister to mine is the Chevy Equinox which also is 4 down towable.

Most GM vehicles can be towed 4 down as also many Ford models. The foreign (Asian and European) models are a little scarce for this application, but there are some.

Hope this helps

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....