cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outside shower privacy

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Its been a month or two ago that someone was looking for privacy for their outside shower. At the time of the post I had seen these and could not find them to respond back with. CW has them in their ad again. It's called WallUp Portable Privacy Wall. I think that this will do the job.
Dennis Hoppert
14 REPLIES 14

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
We frequently boondock on a 9,000 acre paper company tree lot in the Adirondacks. In the past 20+ years, we've only seen another human being near our site once several years ago. And that was just two elderly ladies that were "birding" and apparently didn't realize they were trespassing despite multiple signs and a chained entry road. When there we often use the outside shower, weather permitting, to save on grey tank capacity. A thick layer of pine needles keep our feet from getting muddy.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
What is the difference between beach sand & dirt campsites that we all live with?

Perhaps living in Bermuda, sand is an integral part of the inside of your travel trailer. But for some of us it isn't and we don't want it to be.
Mostly the kids don't roll around in the campsite dirt, although it may stick to their shoes or bare feet.

Kids DO lay in and roll around in beach sand. Also if they lay down after swimming, the sand sticks to every surface and crack and crevice in their body. Having lived near the beach during some of my life, I can attest to the fact that beach sand gets EVERYWHERE.

Having a place to shower off before coming into the trailer keeps things MUCH cleaner, unless you really love having the beach inside of your trailer.

Here's what we use. There is way more room in this shower tent than the shower in our camper. We don't use it all the time, but especially when boondocking in summer it works great. It was $50 new on eBay. And for the poster who wondered why people don't use the standard equipment that comes with the travel trailer...most travel trailers come with an outside shower hookup as standard equipment.

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
If I took a shower outside I would have an empty campground the next day!

Not a bad thought!
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

ata3001
Explorer
Explorer
If anyone just looks at me taking a shower, that will cure them from looking again. PRIVACY!!!!
Ron & BJ
2008 Dutchmen Freedom Spirit FS180 w/full factory dark tinted glass. (9 .yrs w/o any issues)
2014 Chevy Silverado LT Dbl cab, 5.3 L, 4 WD, tow pkg, max payload pkg, Prodigy

jsum
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
Lantley wrote:
Veebyes wrote:
If you have an inside shower why would you consider an outside shower?

If you're staying somewhere without hook ups and you want to avoid filling your grey tank you may opt for an outside shower.
Also is you are at the beach and don't want excess sand tracked into the RV you also may want to shower outside

OOOK, so what is the difference between showering outside with the soapy water going on the ground & opening the grey water tank & letting the shower water, & dishwater, go on the ground like tenters?

What is the difference between beach sand & dirt campsites that we all live with?

I just find it odd that people resist using the facilitys that their RVs Jimi come equipped with. In 10 seasons we have done over 1500 nights

traveling & have yet to use a CG shower. Using a CG restroom is very rare also.

Maybe it is our boating background where, anchoring out all the time, using shoreside facilities was not an option.

I agree.......

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
The outside shower is great for cleaning up little kids after trips to the beach.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
OOOK, so what is the difference between showering outside with the soapy water going on the ground & opening the grey water tank & letting the shower water, & dishwater, go on the ground like tenters?

There are soaps that are friendly for this purpose such as Campsuds. Also, unlike the gray tank, shower water doesn't contain food waste which can attract unwanted pests as well as stink.

Veebyes wrote:

The individual grains of sand are heavy. They settle in the tank and are hard to wash out. Dirt is much finer and generally exits the tank when you dump much more readily.

Veebyes wrote:
I just find it odd that people resist using the facilitys that their RVs come equipped with. In 10 seasons we have done over 1500 nights traveling & have yet to use a CG shower. Using a CG restroom is very rare also.

Different people have different preferences and ways they want to live. You go your way, they will go there's - and both will be happy.

Veebyes wrote:
Maybe it is our boating background where, anchoring out all the time, using shoreside facilities was not an option.

Different thing. You had little choice, so did what you could. In the above cases, the choices are there, and one is free to go in other directions.

FWIW, we don't shower outside but almost always use the CG facilities if the CG has them. If we're someplace that doesn't have facilities, we'll also be on water, so we swim (without soap).

When backcountry camping or backpacking, if we're on a large body of water we wash up in the water, knowing the concentration of food or other waste will be very low. (We defecate into holes in the ground at least 300 feet from the water and fill them in.) If we're not on water, we dig a hole, wash up, fill in the hole.
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes, in a small unit such as a class B, showering outside is a lot simpler.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lantley wrote:
Veebyes wrote:

If you're staying somewhere without hook ups and you want to avoid filling your grey tank you may opt for an outside shower.
Also is you are at the beach and don't want excess sand tracked into the RV you also may want to shower outside

I just find it odd that people resist using the facilitys that their RVs come equipped with. In 10 seasons we have done over 1500 nights traveling & have yet to use a CG shower. Using a CG restroom is very rare also.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

KeithR
Explorer
Explorer
I got a Coleman Sunshower Enclosure from our daughter, I built a pvc frame for it. As was mentioned above, I use the shower when boondocking, it minimizes filling up the grey water tank and increases our time in the woods. I also use a piece of tyvex under the enclosure for a bathmat. The frame breaks down to easily store away when not using.
Test,test, is this thing on?

2016 Ram 3500 CC w/duallys, 6.7l Cummins 4x4
2015 Flagstaff 27RLWR

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
Unless you are boon docking far from anyone else or if you really do look better naked than dressed.... and not many of us do, :R then just put on a bathing suit and take your outdoor shower.

As noted outdoor showers keep your grey tank from filling up and do so when it is warm, On a hot day it feels great. Too chilly? Shower inside. :S

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Veebyes wrote:

19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Find one and get in it at 5 or 6 in the morning at 40 t0 60 degrees outside and you will never ask this question again. No feeling like it, its great
Dennis Hoppert

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995