cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Picture of Wrangler base plate installation

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
Does anyone have a picture of a typical base plate installation on a Jeep wrangler? I have been searching Google but not coming up with many pictures. In looking at the front of my wife's new Wrangler unlimited, I am having a hard time trying to visualize how this gets installed.
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)
7 REPLIES 7

Don_McL
Explorer
Explorer
that plastic piece your talking about is referred to as an air dam. mine was steel but both will require some "triming"to make work. it's all in the blue ox instructions.

some say the air dam reduces "hood flutter"??? warranty issues??

google, airdam hood flutter jeep wrangler jk

when your removing the air dam it will be fastened with plastic fasteners that cost about $9.00 a peice. a phillips screw driver while holding the outer part while turning will get them apart.

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for the pictures. On my wife's Sahara, there is some sort of grey plastic shield underneath the bumper. I would guess this would have to be permanently removed to be able to install the base plate.

Don_McL
Explorer
Explorer
MetalGator wrote:
Don McL wrote:
this is on our 2014 jkur x

Great pictures. Do you have a picture of the front of your Jeep with the finished install?

my jeep is a 2014 rubicon x which has the same bumper as the 2013 10a (10th anniversary), which is completely different bumper than your sahara. below are pictures (not of mine) the one on the left is a 2013 10a and the one on the right is a 2014 rubicon x. (notice the amber and clear lens)

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
Don McL wrote:

Great pictures. Do you have a picture of the front of your Jeep with the finished install?

Don_McL
Explorer
Explorer

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Head on over to RoadMaster's Website & fill in your make/model. They have installation PDF files that show the start to finish process.

Hope that helps!
2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L

Robert78121
Explorer
Explorer
Blue Ox has instructions with pictures on their website that show the finished installation.
Washington DC Area (NOVA)

Camper: 2004 Damon Daybreak 3285 WorkHorse 8.1
Toad: 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - BlueOx
Toy: 2012 Ninja 650 - Versa Haul VH-SPORT-RO

Spent three years full time, so I know a little about it.