cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Working WInter at Disney World in Florida

RLGetman
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone applied for and did an RV work/stay at Disney World in Florida over the winter?
9 REPLIES 9

Southern_Nights
Explorer
Explorer
I am currently a Cast Member. I drive a bus and love it.

Yes, you are just a number though. The place has over 60,000 employees. I work full time but most people are hired on a part time basis.

As far as living here, it can be an expensive area. We bought our own lot in Deer Creek about 8 miles from Disney. When we leave we will rent it out so the lot is serving two purposes.

If you are on fb they have a Walt Disney World Jobs page that will take you to their website.

If you have any other questions about Disney I will be glad to try and answer them.
Larry and Samantha
Fur kids-Duchess,Mesa and Sweetie

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Rv sites run the gambut. The further you get from the park the lower the costs generally. From $350 to over $1000 a month. My friends just found a place for $500 a month plus electric. The place is in Polk City West of the park about 25 miles via freeway. The RV park is about a mile from the freeway. Easy access.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

Sez_Hoo_
Explorer
Explorer
My DW and I looked into it. What we found is that unlike most places that hire workampers, with Disney you are just another employee(cast member). You are on your own for a place to park your RV. And as you know the winter season in Florida is their peak season and campground prices are not cheap. You'll be working at Disney and turning your check over to the campground. Unless you are already living there in the area, the hiring process can be a bit difficult as well.
Steven
USCG EMC Ret.
Lilly Pi
1998 Country Coach Intrigue
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

RLGetman
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. What does RV site $ over the winter for a month? What does Disney pay? We are planning this for Winter of 2015-16. When should we start applying and what online site will give us access to do this? Thanks again.

botts12
Explorer
Explorer
We are currently in the Thousand Trails in Clermont and have met quite a few people who are working at Disney. They do have many part time opportunities. Disney does not provide RV parking for their employees.

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
moved from fulltiming
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Disboards which is Disney Boards shortened has a tremendous information base.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
You might get some better responses if you ask the mod to move this over to the workamping forum. I've never tried working at Disney but seem to recall a few posts that said Disney does NOT provide a site, just wages for hours worked.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
We have met many Cast Members that do that. Seems Disney is very accommodating.
H/R Endeavor 2008