Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s
10 REPLIES 10

thestoloffs
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
thestoloffs wrote:
The issue is whether or not she can stand upright on 1 or 2 legs, or must slide to transfer to the bath chair.

when I was in rehab they had a chair that had legs in the tub and outside of it and a seat that you could sit in outside the tub and then slide in. might work for RV shower.
bumpy

They're known as transfer benches, and will have issues if the shower has a door, instead of a curtain.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
thestoloffs wrote:
The issue is whether or not she can stand upright on 1 or 2 legs, or must slide to transfer to the bath chair.

when I was in rehab they had a chair that had legs in the tub and outside of it and a seat that you could sit in outside the tub and then slide in. might work for RV shower.
bumpy

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Mr Wizard: see PM
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

thestoloffs
Explorer
Explorer

If she can stand, a 3-legged stool can manage -- but beware of the sling-type stools. They can be uncomfortable for long periods of time.

Otherwise, you'll need a 4-legged chair or bench.

Also, consider whether the fabric will dry quickly or will attract mildew. Solid plastic seats are easily washable, and are most commonly used in medical facilities.

mama_sylvia
Explorer
Explorer
If it will fit, and if balance/slipping isn't an issue, look into a plain metal folding chair. Anything with fabric, like that 3-legged stool, drying may be an issue. I use a fairly small backed chair, I think from Brylane Home (which has a lot of bath aids) but it doesn't fold and I haven't tried fitting it into our MH shower yet. (It's on the VERY LONG list of things I need to check out before our first test campout!)
1988 Winnebago Superchief 27'

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
While recovering from a broken ankle, we found a light, 3 legged stool either at Bed, Bath and Beyond, or at Walgreens. Sorry for no link, but it was white with a textured seat, so I didn't slip, and it drained adequately. Good luck in your search and wishing her a good recovery. Even with the stool my DH still had to assist me in sitting down and getting up!
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
darsben1 wrote:
https://www.moosejaw.com/moosejaw/shop/product_Travel-Chair-Slacker-Chair_10248745_10208_10000001_-1_?cm_mmc=PLA-_-GooglePlusBox-_-Travel-Chair-_-Travel-Chair-Slacker-Chair_GooglePlusBox&utm_source=GooglePlusBox&utm_medium=PLA&ad_id=GooglePlusBox&utm_campaign=Travel-Chair-Slacker-Chair&scid=scplp2043378&sc_intid=2043378&adpos=1o1&ad_id=Google&kcid=6247fb02-0817-4d5f-b550-4205b711d4df&utm_medium=PPC&utm_source=GOOGLE&utm_campaign=SC%2BShopping%2B-%2BPromo&utm_term=&lsft=adtype:pla,channel:online&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm4vAgtjp1QIVB7nACh3xwgW8EAYYASABEgLxFvD_BwE

We also used this at one time. We took it into hotels

As you might have guessed I have lots of experience with this subject

looks interesting. think I would add some grommets near the center for drainage.
bumpy

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
DW got one at Walmart when l came home from the hospital. It's a real chair with back, adjustable legs and soft feet, never used it. It's yours if u can wait til friday
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.moosejaw.com/moosejaw/shop/product_Travel-Chair-Slacker-Chair_10248745_10208_10000001_-1_?cm_mmc=PLA-_-GooglePlusBox-_-Travel-Chair-_-Travel-Chair-Slacker-Chair_GooglePlusBox&utm_source=GooglePlusBox&utm_medium=PLA&ad_id=GooglePlusBox&utm_campaign=Travel-Chair-Slacker-Chair&scid=scplp2043378&sc_intid=2043378&adpos=1o1&ad_id=Google&kcid=6247fb02-0817-4d5f-b550-4205b711d4df&utm_medium=PPC&utm_source=GOOGLE&utm_campaign=SC%2BShopping%2B-%2BPromo&utm_term=&lsft=adtype:pla,channel:online&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm4vAgtjp1QIVB7nACh3xwgW8EAYYASABEgLxFvD_BwE

We also used this at one time. We took it into hotels

As you might have guessed I have lots of experience with this subject
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
How about

My DW uses one similar

We also have used a regular Shower chair that we took the back off
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind