cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reese Dual Cam Verses Pro-Pride

backlater
Explorer
Explorer
We are new at this and we just purchased an Airstream 25 foot travel trailer and a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500. We are wondering which hitch would be better a Reese Dual Cam or a Pro-Pride. Is the Reese Dual Cam enough or are we still going to get sway? My husband thinks the Dual Cam will be sufficient, but I am a scardy cat and I don't want any sway. I would appreciate any input from the experienced pros out there...thanks! - Ruth
16 REPLIES 16

Ron_Gratz
Explorer
Explorer
backlater wrote:
We are new at this and we just purchased an Airstream 25 foot travel trailer and a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500. We are wondering which hitch would be better a Reese Dual Cam or a Pro-Pride. Is the Reese Dual Cam enough or are we still going to get sway? My husband thinks the Dual Cam will be sufficient, but I am a scardy cat and I don't want any sway. I would appreciate any input from the experienced pros out there...thanks! - Ruth

This post is from someone who had a ProPride and replaced it with a Reese Dual Cam Strait Line.

Ron

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
The greatest way to avoid sway, first off, is to load the trailer so you have 10% to 15% of the weight on the tongue. When properly loaded, sway should be very difficult to induce with your pickup's weight and wheelbase taken into account.

Plenty of people like the Dual Cam, but it does require careful, accurate setup. And drilling some holes in the trailer frame. I am more partial to either the Equal-i-zer or the Andersen No-Sway (I have one of each).

Pro Pride and Hensley Arrow are considered the best out there, and for good reason. But their prices reflect that. Do you need one of them? I don't think so. But if you have the money, they certainly won't do you any harm to use.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point