cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reese Elite Under bed rail mount

GmaPaTime
Explorer
Explorer
Is this the exact puck setup/fit found in Ford's Hitch Prep Package? I don't have the prep package, but want the puck system for a Companion hitch. Does anyone know if this is doable? I know Ford sell the the under bed frame for puck system, but nobody will install it. I'm thinking this Reese mount is the same configuration. Any input would be welcomed.
9 REPLIES 9

sljkansas
Explorer
Explorer
Why not just buy the B&W under bed mount and the companion, you won't have to worry about you hitch again.
Steve & Linda
Son married (1 DIL, 3 granddaughters 1 grandson)
Daughter Married.
Miami Co. Kansas
2004 F350 CC dually 8ft bed 6.0 PSD
2009 Bighorn 3670RL
B&W under bed hitch with 18k companion hitch

taken
Explorer
Explorer
100% the same mount. Ford orders them direct from Reese. If it fits Ford it fits Reese Elite.
Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

GmaPaTime
Explorer
Explorer
@jerem0621.... Same reply except that they think it will fit but can not guarantee that it will.

glazier
Explorer II
Explorer II
That hitch should drop right in the Elite Rails. That will be a very nice setup if you do not pull gooseneck trailers too.
2017 Grand Design Momentum 328M
2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax CC/SB/4X4
B&W Companion Slider

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
I called B&W and asked this question directly. I was told that "officially" B&W had not done any testing with the Reese Elite Underbed system specifically. However, they had heard reports from owners that this works. Some owners reported they were able to use the hitch with no problems...however, some owners reported that they had to grind a little off the B&W Companions attachment cams to make it work.

Please let me know if they tell you the same thing or something similar.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
Reese also has a gooseneck hitch that attaches with pucks same as the 5th wheel hitch.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

GmaPaTime
Explorer
Explorer
Your correct that it does not include goose neck. I only want the fifth wheel attachment. I did look into the B&W goose neck mount but that adds another 150 lbs to the hitch weight. I've contacted B&W to see if they know if it will fit, just waiting for reply back. If it works, this is a much easier method of obtaining a removable setup.

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
The Ford Factory mount allows for the use of a 5th wheel hitch and a goose neck ball. Not sure if it is the same, may not include the goose neck setup.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I have the Ford factory 5th hitch prep and it will fit the Reese Elite, B&W Companion puck hitch, and the Pullrite puck hitch, and maybe others. I believe it is the Reese mount supplied to Ford.