cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Renting a 5th wheel for 6-8 weeks? Inland, So Cal

hotrod4x5
Explorer
Explorer
We need to find a place to live for 6-8 weeks while we have a new house built. I don't know if a 5th wheel is an option, but we are exhausting all possibilities. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Rodney Former Owner of: 2005 Laredo 29GS 2002 F250 V-10 Yamaha EF3000iSEB (and NOT a GS Member)
12 REPLIES 12

hotrod4x5
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the additional ideas!

Mr. Wizard, I sold that fiver a long time ago. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Rodney Former Owner of: 2005 Laredo 29GS 2002 F250 V-10 Yamaha EF3000iSEB (and NOT a GS Member)

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
For 6 weeks I would look on Air BnB or VRBO. Many of them will offer a discount for longer stays. I'd rather do that than live in someone else's trailer parked next to their house for 6 weeks, or in a cheap one I bought myself, even if I had to move homes halfway through.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
We camped in the backyard in our motorhome for 3 months while we were having our house remodeled. Actually it was a lot of fun for me, less housework, less cooking, LOL.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
Have a SIL/BIL who bought a cheap TT and lived in it on their property after Hurricane Charley annihilated their house. However, they lived in the country on on 8 acres. They sold the TT after their new house was ready.

If you have to give up the RV idea, we once needed a place for 6 weeks while between houses and rented an apartment that had everything...furniture, dishes, linens, washer/dryer. The rent was inclusive of utilities & land line. All we needed to bring were our personal items. Isn't cheap, but it was easy. Our furniture, etc. went into storage.

Good Luck!!
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
MrWizard wrote:
OP
Did you sell the Fvr in your signature?
Why rent, if you own?
It says "former Owner" in his signature.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

MrWizard
OP
Did you sell the Fvr in your signature?
Why rent, if you own?
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

hotrod4x5
Explorer
Explorer
NMDriver2 wrote:
Join Housesitters America and see if anyone is looking for a house sitter in your area. We just spent 45 days house/pet sitting in Washington and Oregon. We limit ourselves to 2-3 weeks, but there are many month or longer sits. We stay in an Air Bnb between sits when it is not worth driving home.

Thanks for the idea!

NMDriver2
Explorer
Explorer
Join Housesitters America and see if anyone is looking for a house sitter in your area. We just spent 45 days house/pet sitting in Washington and Oregon. We limit ourselves to 2-3 weeks, but there are many month or longer sits. We stay in an Air Bnb between sits when it is not worth driving home.
Turret Class traveler

hotrod4x5
Explorer
Explorer
I hadn't thought about buying a cheap one, such a great idea!

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
kerrlakeRoo wrote:
f you have a means of covering the well and septic issues, buy an older unit for 5K or so, and resell for what you can when you're done.
I did that with a 15 yr old 28' tt when I built mine.

X2. Several years ago there was a couple in the area who lived in a small (about 20') TT while they built their house. They did have an existing shed on the property they used for a den/television room.
They lived in the TT a little over a year until they moved into the house.
I think it's a better option than renting.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
You could call RV Share they may have something in long term rental.

Also El Monte RV has long term rentals.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
f you have a means of covering the well and septic issues, buy an older unit for 5K or so, and resell for what you can when you're done.
I did that with a 15 yr old 28' tt when I built mine.