cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Right rear taillight is on while parked

lawoods69
Explorer
Explorer
I have an 09 Skyline Layton. The rear light to the trailer is on. Not hooked up to the truck.

I pulled the bulb and removed the lamp from the trailer to see if anything wrong with the wires. Everything at the rear end of the trailer looks ok.

Any suggestions?
2009 27' Skyline Layton
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax
5 REPLIES 5

lawoods69
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all!

Thanks for the advice. I solved the issue but forgot to post my results.

It was the pin connection at the trailer. Corrosion had set in and caused a short. I replaced the connection and everything is functioning properly.

Had a great trip to New Orleans...until the rain came.
2009 27' Skyline Layton
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
wnjj wrote:
Check the 7-pin plug. Maybe the wire fell loose into the +12V one.

This is where I would start. It's going to 12V somewhere and this would be a good WAG. I have seen 1 or 2 whiskers light up a bulb.

And the tail light pin is next door to the +12V one (assuming the OP's "rear light" means tail lights). The right turn is on the other side of the 12V.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
wnjj wrote:

This is where I would start. It's going to 12V somewhere and this would be a good WAG. I have seen 1 or 2 whiskers light up a bulb.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your 12 volt is grounding through the tail light. Start pulling fuses until the light goes out. That will be the circuit that has the problem.