Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ruidoso, New Mexico in March with RV

Shomemule
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
We have been asked to do some volunteer work near Ruidoso/Capitan, NM during the month of March. We would be arriving very late Feb. Weather wise is March tolerable in an RV during that time of year? Elevation is near 7,00 feet so I realize it could be cold. Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

frac999
Explorer
Explorer
There is some nice RV parks on the Ruidoso/Capitan highway, 48. It can be windy and pretty cool and still a chance of snow that time of year.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
I've been there in March several years ago and remember it being very windy and 2 years ago in April and it being very windy. March lows upper 20's early to upper 30's end of month average highs upper 40's early to upper 50's end of month.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
March....cold and windy
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

USA_Traveler
Explorer
Explorer
I was in Caballo, NM a few years ago in April, the weather was beautiful and warm. We decided to drive up into the Gila Mountains, ran into a sleet storm and the temperature had gone down 40 degrees. Guess it is hard to tell during late winter, early spring. Good luck.
Cody Dillon & Chanel Dion (Maltese), Brandi (mix)
2007 40' Monaco Knight, towing a 2009 Pontiac G6 hardtop convertible
Chunky,Cassie,Corky,Cammie-Maltese at Rainbow Bridge
Tinky-Gray Tabbie - Rainbow Bridge

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there March 12th of last year for 3 nights - a little cold but not too bad. No snow on the roads or ground at that time

Very nice campground on the east edge of town

Circle B http://www.circlebrv.com/index.htm Ruidoso Downs
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
Kind of hard to tell this year. It's been extraordinarily warm in the Sangre de Cristo mountains of northern New Mexico this year. Here in Angel Fire, we've had a good number of days in January when the temperature managed to get above freezing, an absolute anomaly for us. And it's been windy. More like March weather rather than January weather. What that means for six/eight weeks from now for us or for the folks down in the Sacramento Mountains (where Ruidoso is located) is anybody's guess.
๐Ÿ˜ž
Lynn