cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Consumer Group

wannabervin
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be in the market soon for a 5th wheel for full timing. I'm researching as much information as I can get. To that end, what level of credibility does RV Consumer Group have in the RV community?
17 REPLIES 17

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not much!

You are better off visiting dealers and asking the salesman to just let you sit in a unit for a half hour or so. Try to picture how you would go about the main activities of daily use. Then move on to the next floor plan.

You will begin to see patterns of what features you like and what is worthless to you.

Time is your friend, Salesmen usually not so much.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
The group doesn't test RVs. They get their information from the manufacturers just as you can. However, I guess it can be a guide of sorts. We made our choice by talking to RV owners of manufacturers we were interested in and reading the owner forums to see what kind of problems certain RVs have. We made the right decision on our own with no regrets.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
It has no credibility with me. My opinion of current RV trailer manufacturing quality is that there is little to no quality control; the makers are pushing them out the door as quickly as possible. The buyer needs to do a thorough inspection prior to signing on the dotted line because nobody has done an inspection. The buyer also needs to be somewhat handy at home repairs so that he can fix a problem rather than having his trailer sit at the RV shop for a month waiting for repairs.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE