cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Dealers

elroseo
Explorer
Explorer
So I was looking at a new 2021 Springdale and I happen to ask if this trailer would be ready to go if I bought it right now. The salesman said they do not supply sewer hose, WATER hose or Propane Tanks.....is this normal?....kind of turned me off...
Michael
30 REPLIES 30

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
This is our fourth brand-new TT. Each one came with LP tanks, sewer, and water hoses, etc. You should ask for them if not given.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
The only blanket statement is, there are no blanket statements.

Just because one dealer does these things does not mean that it is the same across the board.

Just because one dealer does not include these items does not mean it's time to walk away.

What if, that dealer is selling you the trailer for $5000 less than anywhere else, because they cut out the overhead of including "freebies" with their campers? You do realize that these "free" things are not really free, right? They're working it into the price of the trailer.

If you can go out and but those things for yourself and still have a better deal than the dealer who includes all these things "free," you would be pretty silly to not take the deal. However there are some people who hear the word "free" and lose all common sense. That's what these dealers offering freebies are counting on.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
I'm really only interested in the out the door price.
What accessories are included should be factored in but that is less than$100.00 worth of stuff.
I'm not going to let those items be the deal breaker.
Give me the final price. I don't really care how you get there or what you call the various charges and fees. Tell me what's included than, just give me the final figure.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

pitch
Explorer II
Explorer II
BarabooBob wrote:
I realize that I bought my TT before the pandemic but my dealer treated me well. He had the LP tank full, a new series 27 battery (that was less than 2 months old according to the manufacturers sticker,) a very nice stinky slinky, a 35' 30 amp extension cord, a set of legos, 15 to 30 amp adapter, a 30 to 50 amp adapter, 4 door keys, 4 notorious storage compartment keys, he added a heavy tongue jack with wheel and foot, a coupon book for 10 days of free camping no delivery fee, no dealer prep fee, and 15% off in his store for life.
Camping World on the other hand wanted wanted $100 for a full lp tank, $200 for a series 24 battery, $20 for a battery box, $1000 delivery fee, $1000 price increase if I paid cash (not using their financing) and a couple of more rip offs.

You got a good dealer there.
We got the battery spare tire two full tanks, the paper thin slinky that still sits in the garage,because it is not suitable for it.s intended purpose. And a book of coupons for various gear that was mostly useless of horrendously over priced.

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
NJRVer wrote:
elroseo wrote:
So I was looking at a new 2021 Springdale and I happen to ask if this trailer would be ready to go if I bought it right now. The salesman said they do not supply sewer hose, WATER hose or Propane Tanks.....is this normal?....kind of turned me off...

I wouldn't worry about that stuff.
I would worry about how the dealer is going to handle warranty work.

Add on the contract:
Warranty work performed and completed within 30 days or else the dealer starts paying you a set $$ amount for everyday over 30.

If the dealer is cutting every cost, they will not/would not sign any contract concerning penalty payment for untimely warranty service.

It would be very unusual, to not have propane cylinders supplied with any new RV trailer.

Jerry

If the dealer wants you to buy his RV then let's see him stand behind his business.

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I realize that I bought my TT before the pandemic but my dealer treated me well. He had the LP tank full, a new series 27 battery (that was less than 2 months old according to the manufacturers sticker,) a very nice stinky slinky, a 35' 30 amp extension cord, a set of legos, 15 to 30 amp adapter, a 30 to 50 amp adapter, 4 door keys, 4 notorious storage compartment keys, he added a heavy tongue jack with wheel and foot, a coupon book for 10 days of free camping no delivery fee, no dealer prep fee, and 15% off in his store for life.
Camping World on the other hand wanted wanted $100 for a full lp tank, $200 for a series 24 battery, $20 for a battery box, $1000 delivery fee, $1000 price increase if I paid cash (not using their financing) and a couple of more rip offs.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
The on,y MH's with spares are class B's and some C's! I don't think I've ever seen a class A with a spare, not even ones with the 19.5" wheels. They are big and take up a lot of space.
My '04 Itasca class A came with a spare (19.5") and lug wrench, with a purpose made storage location under the bed (accessible from outside). The HWH jacks will lift it enough to change.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

stratmansailing
Explorer
Explorer
Without propane how can you do the PDI walkthrough? Without propane how do you check furnace, hot water and fridge ?

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
NJRVer wrote:
elroseo wrote:

Add on the contract:
Warranty work performed and completed within 30 days or else the dealer starts paying you a set $$ amount for everyday over 30.

If the dealer is cutting every cost, they will not/would not sign any contract concerning penalty payment for untimely warranty service.

It would be very unusual, to not have propane cylinders supplied with any new RV trailer.

Jerry

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
elroseo wrote:

Add on the contract:

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
The on,y MH's with spares are class B's and some C's! I don't think I've ever seen a class A with a spare, not even ones with the 19.5" wheels. They are big and take up a lot of space.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:
Speaking of coming with wheels... does the camper have a spare tire? Some dealers sell campers, especially TT, without spares. They, of course, have a "spare tire kit" available to buy.

lower end trailers often have spare tires as an option. mid-range or higher trailers usually have a spare tire as standard equipment.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
dfm wrote:
It would be illegal to tow a trailer without operational brakes , which requires a 12volt battery to emergency stop if the electric hookup was disconnected from the tow vehicle. I doubt a dealer could allow a trailer off their lot with no battery.
Dealers don't. When the trailer comes from the factory the delivery driver uses a battery of his own that he then removes upon delivery at the dealer. The dealer then installs a battery prior to purchase. This practice does not apply to motorhomes.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
"At that point I walk away."
I agree with this statement, I know I'm talking apples & oranges, But, when i bought my Class C, it came basically ready to camp, with 2 house batteries, albeit cheap series 24's, the lowly starter kit, which i used for a few years before replacing, the built-in propane tank was filled, the gas tank was filled, and a spare tire, which i've been lucky enough to never need.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund