cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

AO_hitech
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone remember Enron? Quite an example of a company manipulating energy prices. No conspiracy there, just facts.
It's also interesting that they pushed the change in oil future trading.

But hey, no one in the oil business would do anything to manipulate prices...

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
The real way to save on fuel, call a tow truck. Of course, the tow bill will be more than the fuel, but what the heck, at least the money spent was not on fuel.:B
:CDavid
Just rolling along enjoying life
w/F53 Southwind towing a 87 Samurai or 01 Grand Vitara looking to fish
Simply Despicable ๐Ÿ˜›
Any errors are a result of CRS.:s

winkyb
Explorer
Explorer
mark johnson wrote:
Our solution to doubled fuel prices is to drive half as much. You still get where you are going, but it takes twice as long. What's the hurry anyway.

I don`t think I got that.Now let me see if you drive half as much you get where. Half way:?Maybe half as fast.All ready down to 60 mph
at 30 I am not in high gear.:R

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
Every time I hear some idiot (in this case, Maxine Waters), propose nationalizing the oil industry, I have to laugh. Since we live in a country, where the government has to pay to take over someone's property and XOM is definitely someone's property, where do those people think they are going to get $123,076,800,000. That is 123 billion, 76 million dollars, 800 thousand. That is just for XOM. That is just the current book value of ExxonMobil stock. It gets much worse if you do it by stock value, which is approximately 4 times higher. For those that feel nationalization is the way to go, where's the "BEEF". Oops, I mean MONEY. Add in the other oil companies, and it just isn't pocket change. But it certainly is valuable lip service for many in this country. And what is really funny, after all is said and done, not one extra gallon of fuel will be produced the next day, nor one more light bulb lit. Now that is an energy policy. There are some real idiots in this world, and Maxine Waters is fast becoming the poster child for them. :S

ps: my calculator is having a rough time.:B
:CDavid
Just rolling along enjoying life
w/F53 Southwind towing a 87 Samurai or 01 Grand Vitara looking to fish
Simply Despicable ๐Ÿ˜›
Any errors are a result of CRS.:s

mark_johnson
Explorer
Explorer
Our solution to doubled fuel prices is to drive half as much. You still get where you are going, but it takes twice as long. What's the hurry anyway.
Mark and Bobbie Johnson
We are hiking, biking and photographing the west's most scenic places. Join us at...

www.artfulrvadventures.com

cjoseph
Explorer
Explorer
lwmuddy wrote:
Some lady on the news, "Waters" I think, wants to Nationalize the gas industry.
Does that mean they would take over every oil company?

Yeah --free gas for everybody!!! Vote for me.

Drive now, your grandkids pay later!

"A full tank in every car in every garage!"
Chuck, Heidi, Jessica & Nicholas
2013 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA

winkyb
Explorer
Explorer
lwmuddy wrote:

Look at every thing else that the government runs and tell me that is a good idea.The government is why we are where we are now.

lwmuddy
Explorer
Explorer

eltejano1
Explorer
Explorer
Gas is steadly on the rise here

Everything is always worse in the Land of Fruits and Nuts.;)

AO_hitech
Explorer
Explorer
Gas is steadly on the rise here... ๐Ÿ˜ž

eltejano1
Explorer
Explorer
Tom Kat:

Have you tried those "little cigars" at two bucks a pack? Swisher, Muriel and a number of the tobacco companies are making them and selling them cheap. They are the exact size of a cigarette, complete with filter and choice of mild or strong flavor. They are not technically "cigarettes", though, because the outer wrapper is tobacco leaf instead of paper. They've found a looophole in the tax law! Cigars weren't subject to the high tax because lawmakwers tend to smoke cigars, you see.

The downside is that the tar and nicotine is several times that of a Marlboro Light, and I'm sure the carginogenic risk is correspondingly greater. So, as usual, in an effort to save our health, they have made the situation considerably worse. Working class smokers are back to the good old days with 2-3 packs a day again! But not to worry - they'll never tax the upscale stuff they use themselves, like wine, foul-smelling cheese, fancy coffee, pipe tobacco and cigars; just beer, weenies and cigarettes!

They'll likely redefine "cigar" in the law, though - something based on length and diameter - hold the wisecracks:-).

Jack

eltejano1
Explorer
Explorer
Frank:

From what I can understand from the business news, the dollar has strengthened against the euro and yen in recent days. A fairly decent drop in oil correlated exactly with the increased value of the dollar. We've been searching here for someone to blame but I just wonder if the devalued dollar might not be the prime suspect - in which case, of course, the blame would be layed at the doorstep of Treasury Sec Paulson and his boss, my neighbor over in Crawford.

Maybe all those interest rate cuts, to avert a recession in an election year, drove the dollar down and created a large part of this mess? Whaddya Think?

Nonetheless, though, even if this present crisis stabilizes somewhat, we had better take heed and start to move away from dependence on petroleum. This is a wake-up call if I ever saw one!

Jack

tom_kat
Explorer
Explorer
just came back from the exon station at the corner store cheap gas is now $4.20 a gallon, diesel is $5.16 a gallon went up .20 in a week for gas ,smokes are $6.75 a pack with the new $.65 cent tax added on to the old tax they had.over $60 a carton when they get done taxing everyone theres not much left to live on,might just get forced into full timeing someplace if you want to or not,
1985 Class A Holiday Rambler Imperial 33 +1979 Class C Holiday Rambler Statesman 1000 = 24 ft

sirdrakejr
Explorer
Explorer
A string of service stations here DROPPED the diesel prices from $4.869 and $4.959 DOWN to $4.659 on Tuesday. I don't know why but there ya go. Hopefully others will follow suit. :B
Frank
2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

CRay
Explorer
Explorer
crudeman wrote:
Camping Hoosiers wrote:
crudeman wrote:
eltejano1 wrote:
Dick was talking about the overall economic impact of this. Yesterday I ran into one of our church members at the gas station. He had just fueled-up his three dump trucks (the big 14 yard kind on 18 wheeler tractors) on his way to a job for the school district. He showed me the ticket - $2813 and change!!! Think about that - just the fuel for one day's work!

Jack

Did he show you the ticket on the other end of what he is charging for the job? there would be the bottom line I would believe!

Don't bet on it! Anyone running trucks right now is having a hard time adjusting price and fuel surcharge enough to stay in business. I am shelling out half a million per week for fuel and it hurts!

Jeff

Oh I understand, my point was it was showing one side of the facts. Someone gotta be passing down some of this increase or how they gonna stay in business.

Crudeman: You got it right the poor trucker is either going to eat the massive fuel price increase in his contract with the school district (maybe go bust/lay off his workers which we (taxpayers) will help for a while), OR his contract will permit a passthrough for fuel price increases (doubtful) in which event we (taxpayers) will pay for it also. There ain't no free lunch, but when you got a village idiot packing the lunch bucket it's even smaller than it would be if someone who could tell time was at the helm.