cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
Fezziwig wrote:
Oil cos. can call the shots because they are an oligopoly, the next thing to a monopoly. So they can do as they please.

And just imagine, some people believe that oil cos. will DRILL NOW DRILL HERE if we grant them more oil leases! Imagine that: They'd cut their own throats just to glut the US market and supply more oil at lower prices to USA motorists.

Imagine that! Could anything be more hilarious!?
You generally are.:p
:CDavid
Just rolling along enjoying life
w/F53 Southwind towing a 87 Samurai or 01 Grand Vitara looking to fish
Simply Despicable ๐Ÿ˜›
Any errors are a result of CRS.:s

Fezziwig
Explorer
Explorer
Oil cos. can call the shots because they are an oligopoly, the next thing to a monopoly. So they can do as they please.

And just imagine, some people believe that oil cos. will DRILL NOW DRILL HERE if we grant them more oil leases! Imagine that: They'd cut their own throats just to glut the US market and supply more oil at lower prices to USA motorists.

Imagine that! Could anything be more hilarious!?

AO_hitech
Explorer
Explorer
topflite51 wrote:
Stop wasting your time.

No time wasted. Just a few minutes to post here. No more than you spent to reply. :W

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
AO_hitech wrote:
topflite51 wrote:
You are looooooooooking for reasons. ROFLMAO!

Yes, I'd like to know why the price goes up so fast and far, and why it comes down so slowly. What is funny about that?!?
Because you are looking. Price rises fast because they can do that. Price lowers slow because they can do that, also. Stop wasting your time.
Simply Despicable ๐Ÿ˜›

AO_hitech
Explorer
Explorer
topflite51 wrote:

Yes, I'd like to know why the price goes up so fast and far, and why it comes down so slowly. What is funny about that?!?

nuckfan
Explorer
Explorer
gas was $1.51 a litre today that works out to be $5.67 per gallon.OUCH!!!!
:S
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Renogy 100 amp solar, Honda EU2000i Gen.
2011 Travel Lite 800:C

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
AO_hitech wrote:
topflite51 wrote:
What some people seem to forget, the price of a barrel of oil that is being quoted today is for a barrel of oil to be delivered in November...

However, AS SOON as the price of oil goes up, the price of gas goes up. However, it comes down WAY slower. If the reasoning for it going up is the price of oil, then it should also come down with the price of oil...
Simply Despicable ๐Ÿ˜›

AO_hitech
Explorer
Explorer
topflite51 wrote:
What some people seem to forget, the price of a barrel of oil that is being quoted today is for a barrel of oil to be delivered in November...

However, AS SOON as the price of oil goes up, the price of gas goes up. However, it comes down WAY slower. If the reasoning for it going up is the price of oil, then it should also come down with the price of oil...

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
What some people seem to forget, the price of a barrel of oil that is being quoted today is for a barrel of oil to be delivered in November. It is amazing the number of people around here who think O'Reilly is an idiot, but have no problem quoting him when he agrees with them.:S

When we left on vacation gas around here was $4.29, now it is $3.57. That certainly is more than 5%.
Simply Despicable ๐Ÿ˜›

mrjimboalaska
Explorer
Explorer
H_1 wrote:
Point of order:
The Alaska oil pipeline was a Nixon/Ford/Carter thing, started in 1973, finished in 1977.
Reagan was governor of CA for a couple of those years, but I'm not seeing the connection between him and the Alaska pipeline.

It's always possible I'm just missing something obvious.

H_1...you're right. I got Reagan's work on an Natural Gas Pipeline messed up in my head, it's been awhile.....

TrueLarry
Explorer
Explorer
I have heard more than once that we are at or near refinery capacity and that we actually import refined gasoline and diesel because we can't make it ourselves even if we had the oil to do so? The above thread seems to suggest that it's the oil company conspiracy that's keeping the gas prices up. Since we import gasoline and diesel it seems to me that the high price of gas and diesel could also be due to the fact that we can't make any more of it ourselves. BTW if you don't like the price of gas in NY go to NJ where it's at least a quarter a gallon less because of lower taxes. I guess when everybody is out of work and staying at home the price of gas will drop.

AO_hitech
Explorer
Explorer
JimChow wrote:
Bill O'Rielly reported last night that the price of oil has dropped 35% yet the price of gasoline has dropped only 5%.

Yup, when the price of gas goes up they always blame the price of oil. But when the price of oil drops, there is always some other reason. :R

JimChow
Explorer
Explorer
With oil down to about $90 (about $50 per barrel less than a couple of months ago) per barrel and demand is down its nice to see that gasoline has dropped about .10 per gallon......hooie ! Bill O'Rielly reported last night that the price of oil has dropped 35% yet the price of gasoline has dropped only 5%. Here in MI a gallon of no-lead is at $4.10. Of course we are hearing about Ike as a supply disruption which is the new cause. Now OPEC is considering cutting production to combat falling oil prices. You just can't win...getting a break would be nice.
Jim & Kathy
Bailey, waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
Gracie, a rescued 6 year old Beagle
2007 Chevy Tahoe
2008 FR Surveyor 233T

RV-1_2n-FUN
Explorer
Explorer
No new leases and no new drilling and oil is down around $95.00 and RBOB is down also.

H_1
Explorer
Explorer
Point of order:
The Alaska oil pipeline was a Nixon/Ford/Carter thing, started in 1973, finished in 1977.
Reagan was governor of CA for a couple of those years, but I'm not seeing the connection between him and the Alaska pipeline.

It's always possible I'm just missing something obvious.