cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

DelCamper
Explorer
Explorer
What are your state taxes per gallon?

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
I can look out my window and see two oil refineries, and in WA state we pay ~$0.60 per gallon more than the average of the rest of the country.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Can't believe it! A bunch of gas stations raised their prices to $3.65 from $3.59. IIRC the price of oil remains at $83.xx per barrel. Strange... :? Another bunch of stations are at $3.45 or so.

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
you can of course find out gas prices with gasbuddy with a computer. of course you will have to know where you are.
bumpy

Much easier with a smart phone as you can get your answer in just a few second where with a computer you need to boot it up. As you drive along, you can just ask again and get the next exit prices.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
LindsayRichards wrote:
If you have a smart phone, the Gasbuddy app is pretty good in giving current prices. It works off of GPS and works off your current position. It is usually within a couple of hours.

you can of course find out gas prices with gasbuddy with a computer. of course you will have to know where you are.
bumpy

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Gasoline prices around here has some stations at $3.46 while others are still at $3.59. We can always hope that prices will fall to $3.00. But I'm not holding my breath.

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a smart phone, the Gasbuddy app is pretty good in giving current prices. It works off of GPS and works off your current position. It is usually within a couple of hours.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Gale Hawkins wrote:
Personally if the world has to go into a deep depression to get lower gas prices I am not sure it is worth it. Europe seems to be coming apart state by state. Now Spain is the new Greece.

I do see $3 being tested soon.

Spain and Greece are not even close in reality. Greece is very little compared to Spain but Greece is going to be a pain if the vote there goes wrong.
3 dollar gas..... in your dreams. .. maybe if china went electric LOL
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

Gale_Hawkins
Explorer
Explorer
Personally if the world has to go into a deep depression to get lower gas prices I am not sure it is worth it. Europe seems to be coming apart state by state. Now Spain is the new Greece.

I do see $3 being tested soon.

DelCamper
Explorer
Explorer
I seen $3.08 at a Pilot station in South Carolina off of Interstate 95 Saturday. Otherwise $3.19 was the cheapest on 95 from Jacksonville to Washington DC.

FreshAir
Explorer
Explorer
In areas that sell 85 octane, higher altitudes in the Rocky Mtn. States , their not trying to sell you cheap gas, their selling you the right gas, octane, for your engine at that altitude. Google octane, youl might be very surprised.
05 Pace Arrow, 36,B W24, SMI Braking, KVH R4 Satelite Dome,
Winegard Traveler Sat. Dish.
Pressure Pro tire system.
2011 Silverado 4x4 toad.

Gale_Hawkins
Explorer
Explorer
We had some misfiring so I filled with 93 octane but it was just a dirt fuel filter. I noticed more power.

One time we pulled out from the OHIO River going south on I-75 (first entrance ramp and very long steep) and I could never get over 60 MPH at WOT until we got near the airport exit and it was using 87 Exxon.

The next time we visited the aquarium we came out the same way and I had to let off of the gas because we were hitting 70 MPH in a 55. That was with Shell 93 and after serveral tanks of it.

The old 1992 454 TBI retards the timing if it senses pinging. While a lot of factors could come into play it is my guess 93 gives less pinging (not heard by ear) so the timing is more advanced and 50 years ago they knew timing high could give better MPG.

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
I don't remember seeing 85 octane anywhere but Colorado. Anybody found it in another state?

Seems to me we're paying more for it than most states are charging for 87.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
I really have never seen 85 octane except out West. I guess it was in the mountains. We will probably be going into the Smokey's this summer and I will try some. As a general practice, I try not to get below 1/4 tank, so it would be a mixture anyway. In my truck (toad) I used to run a tank of hi-test every once in a while, but gas is so high now, it is hard to do it.

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
LindsayR, the excuse for our 85 is our altitude, but we're always told to follow the manufacturer's recommendations, and it says nothing about 85. And Albuequerque is about 5200' and if I'm not mistaken, NM regular fuel is 86 octane.

As for knocking, it's my understanding that today's computers adjust for lower ocatane fuel so knock is eliminated, but not damage over time. I'm no mechanic and wouldn't swear to that.

DW's Cadillac STS required premium but didn't knock the couple of times we had to put some regular in it.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."