cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

Fezziwig
Explorer
Explorer
I was reading an oil industry trade paper and they said that 70% of the oil market is controlled by speculators right now, vs. 30% normally. That's probably why sortterm prices are so erratic.

MrWizard
it went from $3.32 to $3.45 over the week end back down to $3.35

funny thing LP finally dropped to $2.29 over at Tractor Supply about a mile away, it was $2.99 before july 4

this is in So Indiana
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
$3.46 for Diesel here in Reno this morning.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Fezziwig wrote:
Dick A wrote:
... Within certain limitations, the golden rule controls the majority of societal functions; He who has the gold makes the rules that others must / will follow.

I interpret that to mean that you, the Moderator, will only allow political views friendly to your own and all others will be censored.

Fuzzi, you and I hardly see eye to eye on these matters, and I'm pretty sure the Mod has knocked off my responses to your claims more than once.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

Fezziwig
Explorer
Explorer
Dick A wrote:
... Within certain limitations, the golden rule controls the majority of societal functions; He who has the gold makes the rules that others must / will follow.

I interpret that to mean that you, the Moderator, will only allow political views friendly to your own and all others will be censored.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Hmm, seems some gas stations have dropped their prices down to $3.44. But there still are a bunch at $3.57. But prices continue to be high. Wish I could figure out why it took almost $125 a barrel of oil to get these prices in 2008. Now oil prices are in the mid $80's and gas prices are around $3.50. I know part of the reason has been the mass printing of the dollar (here and abroad) which makes it worth less.

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
The moderator has a tough job on this thread. The title clearly invites discussion of gasoline, diesel, NG, propane, coal, sol and other fuels, the many questions involved with them, as well as prices. It implies far more than what we saw on the gas station billboard this morning.

Any discussion of fuels and their costs today and tomorrow that does not involve political influences is akin to discussing abortion while avoiding religious views.

As political discussion is not permitted on the forum, wisely in my view, I'd wonder why the thread is not closed. One could always start a new thriller, "What I Saw on the Way to Work this Morning."
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
We seem to have a few individuals who persist in driveling about social or political energy agendas.

When one reaches a certain stage in life after many years in academia and industry, wisdom reflects the base root reality of most all civilization. Within certain limitations, the golden rule controls the majority of societal functions; He who has the gold makes the rules that others must / will follow.
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
DelCamper wrote:
Crude oil is at $84 / bbl. It looks like $80 is a wall for now. I don't suspect gasoline to go below $3 gallon and more likely hover within the $3.15 to $3.50 range.

On the long term plus side the Bakken crude is being shipped by rail car to refineries (there are no pipelines) on the east coast for test runs. That is strictly testing only because it costs a fortune to ship crude by rail due to the volumes needed. This infers to me that they are expecting a significant volume of crude from that domestic source. Results I have heard about show it's a very light crude with lots of light products which better for gasoline if the refinery is set up for it. Unfortunately the trend was to upgrade refineries that process sour heavy crude because that is what was more available and affordable.

The Bakken crude is a game changer.

Oh, no, not another "game changer"....:R I wish that we, the consumers, didn't have "to get it in the shorts" all the time. We need a refinery up here to handle all the Bakken crude.

DelCamper
Explorer
Explorer
Crude oil is at $84 / bbl. It looks like $80 is a wall for now. I don't suspect gasoline to go below $3 gallon and more likely hover within the $3.15 to $3.50 range.

On the long term plus side the Bakken crude is being shipped by rail car to refineries (there are no pipelines) on the east coast for test runs. That is strictly testing only because it costs a fortune to ship crude by rail due to the volumes needed. This infers to me that they are expecting a significant volume of crude from that domestic source. Results I have heard about show it's a very light crude with lots of light products which better for gasoline if the refinery is set up for it. Unfortunately the trend was to upgrade refineries that process sour heavy crude because that is what was more available and affordable.

The Bakken crude is a game changer.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Checked gas prices here in Duluth this morning - $3.52 to $3.57. About 15 miles to the west is Cloquet, MN (a much smaller city). Their prices are $3.38 - $3.42. Their prices have always been lower. Even up in Two Harbors about 20 miles north it is cheaper. I continue to smell a rat in Duluth. So much for competition.....:R We continue to buy our gas at Sam's Club which is almost as cheap as the gasoline in Cloquet.

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
I see the importance on many issues but at $18 a bbl compared to oil NG will not be held down.

I certainly hope you are right, but recent events with coal make me think it will not under the current administration. My wife was calling off the gas prices yesterday as it is amazing. 3.08, 3.09, then 3.0 ten. We took our coach to the shop yesterday and I have only 1/4 tank left. Time to fill up at these prices, because I think they are as low as they are going to get for a while.

DelCamper
Explorer
Explorer
I see the importance on many issues but at $18 a bbl compared to oil NG will not be held down.

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
http://www2.wnct.com/news/2012/jul/02/nc-fracking-bill-becomes-law-veto-override-ar-2403138/?utm_sou...

North Carolina yesterday passed their fracking bill with a veto proof majority. The bill had passed previously with a large majority, but was vetoed by the liberal Governor. Actions like this give hope to those of us who think there is still a place for fossil fuels in America. There are also huge oil reserves offshore of that region and VA has been trying to get theirs. These increased supplies will not only bring down the prices of fuel, but curtail our reliance on the sheiks.

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Diesel $3.55 cash is the best we've seen lately in Reno...going down.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel