cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV storage in Dunwoody GA

twainharteartis
Explorer
Explorer
This summer I will be driving our Motorhome from California to Dunwoody GA and will need to store it for a month. Can anyone tell my of a good place to store it that it will be safe in?
8 REPLIES 8

Bamaman11
Explorer
Explorer
I too would prefer to store a trailer outside of Atlanta's city center. Cumming would be an especially good place to look for a storage lot. I used Public Storage last time I had to storage.

It's a straight shot up Hwy 400 (from I-285) which is controlled access all the way.

twainharteartis
Explorer
Explorer
Markiemark32 wrote:
Been traveling Pechtree Indutrial, just North of the perimter (285), is a couple general storage places (Public Storage or Cubesmart), gated & I see RV's stored. These are primarily home storage(building), where part of the parking lot inside the fence they allow RV storage.

Markiemark:C
Thanks that is great.

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
Been traveling Pechtree Indutrial, just North of the perimter (285), is a couple general storage places (Public Storage or Cubesmart), gated & I see RV's stored. These are primarily home storage(building), where part of the parking lot inside the fence they allow RV storage.

Markiemark:C
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.

love2rvcamp
Explorer
Explorer
Peco Campers in Tucker has a locked storage lot. They are a local dealer that sells, repairs and has a RV store on location. About 20 minutes from Dunwoody via 285.
Mike and Michelle and 2 kids
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
2008 Rockwood 8313SS
Equalizer hitch with Envoy brake controller

ckwjl
Explorer
Explorer
Guardian Self Storage in Chamblee is not far from Dunwoody. They have fenced, uncovered parking. They also have indoor parking for smaller motor homes. I donโ€™t know of a secure storage location closer to Dunwoody.

There are more secure and covered storage locations close to Lakes Lanier and Allatoona.

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
No problem I live in the area!

Ping me with any other questions, I may be able to assist!

Markiemark
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.

twainharteartis
Explorer
Explorer
Markiemark32 wrote:
Dunwoody, being a Atlanta Suburb, really close to the perimeter of Atlanta is pretty packed with houses/businesses, may or may not have RV storage yards right in that City/Community.

I did a Google map search for storage yards around Dunwoody, nothing showed up right in Dunwoody.

Over in Norcross, several show up, but knowing the area, I would be a little leery, very industrial, transient traffic, etcโ€ฆ

The further north you travel, meaning heading up 400 toward Lake Lanier, Cumming or Alpharetta will have some bigger storage areas, gated and should be safe, I see storage yards filled with RVโ€™s. From Dunwoody, would 10-15โ€™ish miles.
Best once you get here to personally visit the options, like anything, depending on budget, and what you are looking for (Covered, Indoor, etc.), there will be options.

Have a great trip!

MArkiemark:C

Thank you so much for taking the time to check this out.

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
Dunwoody, being a Atlanta Suburb, really close to the perimeter of Atlanta is pretty packed with houses/businesses, may or may not have RV storage yards right in that City/Community.

I did a Google map search for storage yards around Dunwoody, nothing showed up right in Dunwoody.

Over in Norcross, several show up, but knowing the area, I would be a little leery, very industrial, transient traffic, etcโ€ฆ

The further north you travel, meaning heading up 400 toward Lake Lanier, Cumming or Alpharetta will have some bigger storage areas, gated and should be safe, I see storage yards filled with RVโ€™s. From Dunwoody, would 10-15โ€™ish miles.

Best once you get here to personally visit the options, like anything, depending on budget, and what you are looking for (Covered, Indoor, etc.), there will be options.

Have a great trip!

MArkiemark:C
OK to ban per Mark F.