cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Santa Cruz Boondock or dry camp for a few days?

sfbyars
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 21 foot class C motorhome. Going to Santa Cruz to work. Need to conserve cash (big time) for 2-3 days. Is there anywhere in this area to dry camp in RV or boondock?
6 REPLIES 6

kazmir
Explorer
Explorer
As someone mentioned, New Brighton SB is in Capitola and is only $35 a nite in the standard sites. Reservations at:

New Brighton

You can park on the street for the night and move every day in Santa Cruz, as long as it isn't posted for no overnight RVs and the neighborhood is more commercial than residential. The west side of town has some commercial parks. You may get a knock on the door in the middle of the night tho, its not against the law but ya know how that can go.
2005 Minnie 24V
Family of Four with lots of toys!:B

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer
Santa Cruz County has a mandated 3% growth rate (building permits are done by lottery and limited to 3% of existing dwellings). For that reason it isn't as growth crazy as the rest of California. It is insane when it comes to liberals, radicals etc though.

WA7NDD
Explorer
Explorer
I spent a lot of time in Santa Cruz in the early 1960's as a teenager. Nice marry-go-round with a brass ring dispenser. I lived in San Leandro. Moved to Idaho in 1969, I doubt I'd like the place now, but I do miss the ocean. Now I have trees and mountains and wide open spaces for my MH to go. Had a lot of fun there back then, but all just memories now.
1998 Four Winds 5000 Rigby, ID

roman_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Try New Brighton Beach. It used to be very reasonable for dry camping. It's been a while since we camped there. Good luck.

RT

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to investigate Henry Cowell state park in nearby Felton. Its probably as reasonable as you are going to find.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
None that I know of......That's kinda like asking if there's anywhere to boondock in Beverly Hills.....:W...that said, you might try a church or similar that has a large parking lot and ask permission to park where you wouldn't be seen. But, you'd have to be pretty covert...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG