RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Flies!

Sometimes I get an influx of house flies in my 5er. I've often wondered over the years how these pests are getting in. All screens are in perfect shape. IMO, one way they can be entering is through exhaust vents for the fridge and heater. I think an...

Towing For Hire

Not sure of the best site to ask this question so I'll start here.My name was given by a local RV dealer to someone wanting to have their FW towed about a 100 miles from where I live. I normally travel with a large truck camper these days but use to...

Update on our unfortunate BEAR SPRAY incident...

First of all, thanks to all who expressed support and offered constructive criticism on our unfortunate incident with BEAR SPRAY that went off like a bomb inside our pickup cab. Although I felt like a complete idiot in it's aftermath, I felt like my...

Profit margins....

Seems many conversations on these forums relate to cost cutting corners taken by RV manufacturers'...undersized tires / wheels / axles , electric vs. disc brakes , insulation materials, frame types...etc. .Just wonder what most would think the typica...

cdlaine by Explorer
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

cell phone service

What is a good cell phone service that works when you are in areas away from freeways and cities. I plan on traveling west on us 2 from michigan

mabel by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Metal Detector owners

Went to the CG this week. While we were in the office, an older gentleman came in to check the lost and found. He had lost his wedding ring, pretty upset. The camp host took his name/address. She said that someone would come once in a while and use a...

Go_Dogs by Explorer
  • 65 replies
  • 0 likes

Red River, New Mexico

Never been to Red River, would like to go in summer time. Can a poor boy afford it. If you have been there tell me about it.Thanks in advance

ColonelJ by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Normal cooling loss?

My TT is 32' long. At the end of a duct that is about 15' long the air coming out of the duct is 10 degrees warmer than the air coming directly out of the AC. Is this normal or is it indicative of a duct problem?

Robby9 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Good Water Hose Heater?

Hi, long time RV'ers, but new at long term RV living! Sold house, been living in fiver in RV park in Cascade foothills of Washington State. Here until December, we may experience a stretch of freezing weather, maybe not, but we want tobe prepared. R...

Camping trips with themes

A recent thread spoke of traveling to US cities named after cities in other countries. We took trips to visit planetariums around the country and went to star parties (an astronomy thing). Are there others here who do "themed" RVing?Here's one that c...