cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Searching for diesel

Redsky
Explorer
Explorer
Out in the western USA not all towns have gas stations and even fewer have diesel. Gasbuddy.com is worthless in these remote areas but I did happen upon a great resource on the Web.

It is the online Yellow Pages at www.yellowpages.com. It has a search function with a Browse Box where I put in Diesel Fuel and a Near Box where I put in the towns. The search would include the surrounding area so if a town like Whitefish, MT (outside of Glacier NP) did not have a station pumping diesel it would list and show on a map the locations in the surrounding area that did (Kalispell, MT).

Knowing where I can get diesel I can adjust the route for our trips accordingly and plan my fuel stops in advance.
35 REPLIES 35

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been all over the West & Northwest & never had a problem getting diesel. No a station is not at every intersection but there are few sections of road where there is a sign warning "No services for 100 miles".
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
nevadanick wrote:
We have a dsl pickup and car and have never had a problem finding fuel.

I never had a problem either but if he bought the diesel in CA it probably has a restricted nozzle hole so he can't use a truckers diesel pump at a truck stop. I had to knock the restricter out of my filler tube. Takes about 30 minutes to remove the filler cap and knock it out.

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
We have a dsl pickup and car and have never had a problem finding fuel.

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
Might be wrong, but don't the Truckers Road Atlas list truck stops as well as low bridges and stuff?
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)

DustyR
Explorer
Explorer
I use several different apps: Truck & Travel; Truck Smart; Around Me. When all else fails the fuel search function on my GPS.
2016 Open Range 319RLS
Tow Vehicle: 2008 Silverado 2500 HD
Duramax, Allison Transmission.

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Good resource, thanks for the tip.

On the one hand, every road everywhere has both gas and diesel vehicles on it, so there's GOTTA be a place to buy the stuff SOMEWHERE that serves the locals. On the other hand, finding the dang thing can be a challenge. Sometimes out in the hustings, they can be far apart.