cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Security Camera Solution

NSP-Biker
Explorer
Explorer
While I have a security system at home, I often worry about my rig and my site when I'm fishing or cruising the twisties on my bike. And who hasn't had firewood or lanterns lifted while you're away? Well I've been researching this in the context of mobility, ease of use and options, and I found a system that is completely wireless, the cameras report to a hub device up to 1000 feet away and can be monitored be a pro central station if you cannot respond. It detects motion and sends you a clip immediately. If you need you can request a law enforcement dispatch or you can ignor it or take care of your own business. A cool feature for us RVers is that you can change your address location right through the app. It's not a traditional DVR but just sends short clips over cellular. I'm thinking it could be handy too for alerting on deer or elk that may wander my way! Check out Dragonflyknows on the web or YouTube. There are a few sources but www.dragonflyknows.com is what I used. There was no contract or sales call, it's all on line.
1999 PSD F-350 SRW K&N, Sys-1, Ride-Rite
2005 Northern Lite 10.2CD "Special Edition"
2004 XL650L
GSX1100G, VS700 (Hers), 53 Belair (Hers), Z50R
More girls than I ever hoped for...(mom + 2 lovely daughters)
23 REPLIES 23

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
70+ years of camping/RV'ing with nothing stolen, at least not by humans. Raccoons, bears, crows, and assorted other critters have made off with a few things though. A camera catching them in the act would have been interesting to watch. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
40? + years of camping - never had anything stolen.
Gerry

2milesup
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have to admit, I've never been on a curvy road or stood in a river full of hungry fish tying on a fly and thought, "This would be a good time to whip out my phone and look to see what's happening back at camp."

I understand what you're saying but don't see much benefit for me.
Jerry & Lori
2011 Chevy 1500 5.3L Z71 4X4
2015 Lance 2285
Andersen Sway Control, Prodigy, Honda EU2000i, empty wallet

creeper
Explorer
Explorer
Subscription camera, no thanks.

NSP-Biker
Explorer
Explorer
Twisties...
1999 PSD F-350 SRW K&N, Sys-1, Ride-Rite
2005 Northern Lite 10.2CD "Special Edition"
2004 XL650L
GSX1100G, VS700 (Hers), 53 Belair (Hers), Z50R
More girls than I ever hoped for...(mom + 2 lovely daughters)

SAR_Tracker
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
twisties??

Twisty and turny roads that are fun on a motorcycle, or sports car.
Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
twisties??
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
Just ordered a cheap tablet for the Mother in Law. Might order another for me. It comes with Lte or 3g. I'm thinking dog monitor while we grab a bite to eat. Rv monitor while we are away. I already have an Android app for some old Androids around the house on WiFi. The Alfred app has motion detection that can be remotely enabled. I would likely disable all the background stuff like Google Drive and any included crapware.

Tanga

Alfred on Android

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Never had anything but an iphone stolen at the campground and unfortunately knew who did it. Honestly not sure if I'd care if someone stole firewood from me. Annoying but not enough to spend time checking a CCTV app or TV.
Thanks for the thought though:).