cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Senior Citizens Speak Up

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
A lot of seniors, like me, are living in RVs. If the states and feds close the campgrounds we will be paying higher park rates to stay in crowded private campgrounds that will probably raise rates even more and surely won't be less safe from a health standpoint. I sent a respectful message to the Corps Of Engineers yesterday telling them my opinion. Seniors have clout at the ballot box.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV
86 REPLIES 86

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
Blazing Zippers wrote:
WOW!! There are a lot of angry RVers on here..

Ahh, just guys talking tough. It doesn't signify any more than my parrot or lap dog.

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
WOW!! There are a lot of angry RVers on here.
We had to cut our trip short due to the virus, we had great plans, and friends to visit - but the hatred being shown on here, in the press, and by politicians is bad. Maybe it's good we're not out there.

ajriding
Explorer II
Explorer II
limited time post. deleted, srry

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
ajriding wrote:
Go watch the movie, Huger Games, and you will know then what the ultimate liberal agenda is, and does not include the freedom of living unsupervised

Failure of education on cons redux.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
ajriding wrote:
Go watch the movie, Huger Games, and you will know then what the ultimate liberal agenda is, and does not include the freedom of living unsupervised

Political! and shows the failure of education among the cons.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe California can continue to set the bar, and decline Federal assistance, and instead, use their surplus to get through this crisis. Let them tell the feds to use that funding elsewhere... Cuomo wants more.

Not being political at all about it.. Seems like states with surpluses should use the surplus vice take federal aid.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

ajriding
Explorer II
Explorer II

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
pnichols wrote:
shelbyfv wrote:
Here's some fairly current info about how states rank in Federal dependency.https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/ A few different ways to figure but clearly California Federal taxpayers are subsidizing those in a majority of the other states. Strange how a state that is doing so much right can be the target of so many ignorant attacks. We've got some real bottom feeder states but we mostly feel sorry for the residents, not attack them. Not on topic, but neither are the tiresome digs about California.

Well stated .... thanks for this!

P.S. In addition to tax dollars, I believe that California supplies an awful lot of the nation's food.

In addition, California is the nation's brain-trust of geniuses working their hi-tech industry. This is a joke but I bet that without California in the count, the nation's average IQ will have a big drop

Also politics aside and relevant to the current times, California's Democratic supermajority is now on 5 consecutive years of surplus and kept a "rainy day" fund that will be useless in this crisis. And we of course know that they are not the ones harping and screaming "fiscal responsibility."

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
shelbyfv wrote:
Here's some fairly current info about how states rank in Federal dependency.https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/ A few different ways to figure but clearly California Federal taxpayers are subsidizing those in a majority of the other states. Strange how a state that is doing so much right can be the target of so many ignorant attacks. We've got some real bottom feeder states but we mostly feel sorry for the residents, not attack them. Not on topic, but neither are the tiresome digs about California.

Well stated .... thanks for this!

P.S. In addition to tax dollars, I believe that California supplies an awful lot of the nation's food.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
shelbyfv wrote:

X2!

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Boon Docker wrote:
jesseannie wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
“Especially those of us on fixed income, with no hope of annual raises.”

Your Social Security isn’t fixed. Go back to work if you are in “dire straights.”

Widdis you are consistent!
We can ALWAYS count on you for a negative offensive post.

Congrats, again you have not let us down.

Unfortunately we have a few too many members like that on this forum.

Ditto!:M

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
NRALIFR wrote:
Deb and Ed M wrote:
bpounds wrote:
When approached by a hot woman, a Covid-19 test is recommended.

ROFL!!!!! This wins the internet today!!!

Humph... Better go with full blood work up instead.

“ Girls you used to know, fellas that may have kissed'em
Some got rabies, some got fleas, some got incurable diseases
From this Cockamamie Business” —G Harrison

:):)

I am with you -- even if this is just meant for the truckers or lone RVers amongst us.:E

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
doxiemom11 wrote:
Yosemite Sam - couldn't get this to quote your part, or delete once it was wrong - but. We spent 2 yrs in the desert. Paid $150 first time special per month in Yuma, $250 month in Why AZ, $150 mo + elect in New Mexico, $200 mo + elec in Rockport Tx and currently in a park paying $312 mo which includes electric. If you look, there are lower cost parks available -- except in high tourist attraction areas which we avoid. When traveling we use Passport America a lot, and many campgrounds/rv parks are $25 or less per night.

Thanks for the info although I'm happy with the $35 rate on a well-maintained national and other public campgrounds.