cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Small Window Unit 120VAC 6000BTU Air Conditioner

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had to replace one of my old 5000BTU window units here in the house that finally gave up the ghost...

The new window air conditioners on the market now are much smaller in size, more BTU output and apparently don't drip much water.

I picked up a WESTPOINTE 6000BTU Window air conditioner from the local TRUE VALUE HARDWARE store ($160) and this thing is a jewel.
The dimensions are: 12.8"H x 18.5"W x 15.2"D - Product Weight: 55.10 lbs.

This unit comes with a remote control unit...

Works like a champ and with the fact less drip water is produced like my older unit did this would work just great going thru the side wall of a trailer or in my case sitting in the back area of my POPUP on a board with the window flaps taped around the unit to seal it off...

I was surprised how small they are making them now... This one says 560WATTs 120VAC 4.9AMP

I have a WESTPOINTE 8000BTU unit in one of my house windows going on five years now and still works great.

Just food for thought for someone thinking about putting a smaller BTU unit in a trailer that could very easily be run by your 2KW Honda type generator...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS
2 REPLIES 2

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used to camp alot in this style tent that had two entrance doors. I would put a wooden crate down on the ground on one door and open it up to be able to be duct tape around an window air conditioner unit and seal it up. It works like a champ if you have 120VAC available to use.

We used to bring this three room tent with entrance doors on each side along for the kids alot when they wanted to come camping with us. A 5 KW a/c unit will work great in a tent haha...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Chrisatthebeach
Explorer
Explorer
I keep one on hand in the garage that our oldest son used to use in his tent. We have used it to survive when the main a/c unit in our house would have an issue, many neighbors have borrowed it as well to be able to get a good nights sleep while waiting for repairs. I advise anyone living in a hot humid area to keep one, while it may only be able to cool one room, at least you can keep your bedroom cool enought to sleep.
I think I paid even less for hours at wally-mart.
Chris & Dianne
Jayco Designer 3110 SOLD 6-11-2016, looking for the next one.
F250 PSD 4x4 Crew Cab