cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Snowbirds - Work Camping Couple Needed in Florida asap-Apr

Barberville
Explorer
Explorer
We are a non-profit historical educational village museum located in a quiet country atmosphere.
We have just one campsite available with 50 amp electric, water and direct connect septic.
We are seeking a couple that would enjoy helping us fulfill our mission to educate and entrust the public and future generations with knowledge of the pioneer lifestyle of our forefathers.
Duties include preparing and demonstrating for children's field trips. Demonstrations consist of candle making, farming, wood working and other easy to learn trades. When not busy with field trips there would be light maintenance, yard work, cleaning and/or other special projects.
We would like to have our new work campers in place no later than October 1 and welcome them to start as soon as possible.
Our work requirements are 20 hours per person, per week, in exchange for the site and hook ups. Hours are typically 9am - 1pm, Monday - Friday, except when we have special events on weekends.
Ideally we would like our workampers to stay through May but that is negotiable.You will find that this is a very easy going fun place to work. You will love being close to many great things that Central Florida has to offer. We are located about 35 miles west of Daytona Beach, 45 miles north of Orlando and 12 miles north of DeLand which is the home of Stetson University and boasts one of the best award winning downtown Main Street Programs in the USA.
Please send your resume to Debra and call 386-749-2959 if you have any questions. visit us at http://www.pioneersettlement.org/
11 REPLIES 11

Barberville
Explorer
Explorer
The positions have been filled.
Thank you for letting us post this opportunity.

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
Firedoc, In the case of this thread, I chose to delete all posts....to start over. I find no record of your post. If you would like to repost, feel free to do so.
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

firedoc
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, I don't understand why my reply was deleted. It was favorable to the OP and only stated that we had a position already and we would keep it in mind. I have read and reread the rules and cannot see that I said anything wrong. Can you clarify for me. Even in a private message if desired.
'06' 38L Fleetwood Bounder
6 speed Allison
300 Cat
2012 GMC Terrain
Roadmaster baseplate
Ready Brute Tow Bar
And M&G brake system

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
Your welcome
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

texasclarks
Explorer
Explorer
DianneOK...thank you for the explanation.

I have retread the rules and I should not have commented here but created another thread asking the primacy of my posts.

Thank you for the clarification and for keeping us all following the rules.
Posts are for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as endorsement or recommendations. YMMV!

Steven & Stacie, plus 2 ('02 & '07)
'04 Suburban 2500, Quad Seats, 8.1L, 3.73
'09 Rockwood 8313SS

Texas not just a State, but a State of mind!

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, islandman and dogfolks, your understanding is truely appreciated.

Dianne
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
DianneOK wrote:
For those posters accusing me of heavyhandedness......

The first post I deleted was for flaming.....the others referred to the deleted post.

PER forum rules, flaming is not allowed.....

Again, I will state....If you don't like a position, don't post, just move on.

One main reason potential employers hesitate to post on this forum is the responses they typically get. Just because you don't like a position...no $$$, too many hours, not your "cup'otea" does not mean someone else may not want it.

Sooooooo....I will continue to delete posts that flame or otherwise cause discourse.

DianneOK, moderator

Because my post was part of some you deleted, I will again apologize to you for doing your job! I wish to apologize publicly.

I was very much is favor of discussion until I read the rules. If it against the rules, it is against the rules, simple as that. If anyone check the rules, comments are not permitted on this particular discussion area.

In the future, if I wish to discuss work camping and offers, I will do so in a separate thread.

It is not just a matter of "if you don't like it move on." It is a matter of following the rules.

I do thank you for your explanation.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
Very well said Dianne. I'm not interested in the position due to our location, but it really sounds like it would be a great opportunity for a fun job and meeting many good people. Jobs like this don't come up very often; there is a lot of potential to learn new things make a contribution to society too.

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
For those posters accusing me of heavyhandedness......

The first post I deleted was for flaming.....the others referred to the deleted post.

PER forum rules, flaming is not allowed.....

Again, I will state....If you don't like a position, don't post, just move on.

One main reason potential employers hesitate to post on this forum is the responses they typically get. Just because you don't like a position...no $$$, too many hours, not your "cup'otea" does not mean someone else may not want it.

Sooooooo....I will continue to delete posts that flame or otherwise cause discourse.

DianneOK, moderator
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
Moderator note...noplace said it well
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

noplace2
Explorer
Explorer
As has been said over and over again, if you don't like what you see/read, just move on with no need for comment.
โ€˜Love is whatโ€™s in the room with you if you stop opening presents and listen.โ€™ - Elain - age 8