cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

thank you, thank you

southbound
Explorer
Explorer
This is an update on our hydraulic hose problems. If it wasn, t for this forum we would have had to spend hundreds of dollars to fix ourslides if not more. Thanks to a forum member waterbug and his advice we took our slide out hose to a hydraulic hose shop in town. They removed the bad end and installed a new fitting all for 11.25 cents. The labor charge was 2.50 cents, can you believe that! When we removed the hase we tied a string to it, so reinstalling the hose all we had to do was pull it through with the string, with the hose in place, but not connected, we used a plastic automotive syringe to fill the hase with fluid, attached both connectors and cycled the slides in and out. This was done on a 36 ft fifth wheel. Happy birthday today to my handy husband and again thank you waterbug and this site
Southbound
4 REPLIES 4

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the roses (words of appreciation). It makes a person feel warm and fuzzy inside. Glad that I/we could be of help. I'm sure that there is something that your handy husband knows that can help others, so just pay it forward.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I'm glad you got it fixed at a low cost.
Did you consider checking the other hoses? (if you have other hoses)
Maybe they're getting ready to fail. It may be worth looking. JMO

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
I read your previous post trying to fix that hose. So happy to hear you got help here and saved a lot of money!

This forum rocks!

Homer1
Explorer
Explorer
It's a great feeling when some one who was helped comes back and lets us know their results and thanks some one for the help. I realize none of us expect to be thanked, that just makes it nicer when some one does it.