cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thanks to Coach-Net and others

sunlinesunshine
Explorer
Explorer
On the Thursday before Labor Day, we left Baltimore for a long anticipated camping trip to North Bend COE park, in southern Virginia. To bypass Washington DC, we planned on taking RT 301 all the way to the I295 around Richmond. While driving through Mechanicsville, VA, the brakes on our TV failed. I was able to nurse the rig into a BP station (the mini mart kind) using the emergency and TT brakes.

I let the store know our situation and called Coach-Net. They provided me with the names and numbers of several shops in the area that could handle the job. The first one was "Atlee Automotive Service", and they were about 2 miles north of us on RT 301. Simultaneously, DW was speaking to a local BP customer and he recommended the same shop. I called Atlee and spoke with Mike. He listened to my story and guessed (correctly) that our brake line had rusted out. He said that if we could get the truck to them, they would take us right away.

I called Coach-Net back and they said a tow truck would be there within the hour. About 45 minutes later the driver called me to ask the hitch ball size, and said he would arrive in 10 minutes. Shortly, "Great Deals Towing and Recovery" showed up and put our F250 on the roll back and hitched up our TT. He took us to Atlee Automotive, dropped the TT outside and took the truck into the service area. True to their word, the shop took us right away, replaced the leaking section of brake line and had us on our way in less than 2 hours!

The brakes worked fine for the rest of the trip and we had a great time! Thank you to all the friendly professionals that helped us out.

If you need a mechanic in Mechanicsville, VA, I highly recommend Atlee Auto Service!!!

P.S. Our truck goes into our local shop tomorrow, for all new brake lines.
BLT
2004 F250 4X4
2005 SUNLINE T2753
EQUILIZER/ENVOY
2 REPLIES 2

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
I've used CN since our first rving days and have NO complaints about their service either. For what it's worth and 20/20 hindsight I also drive a Ford pickup and make sure I follow the maintenance recommendations from the factory so any similar issues I've had were headed off before they became a hazard. By doing so I saved myself a number of problems over the 70 thousand plus miles I've put on my truck because the mechanics caught them in the early stages. Just my 2cts.

rskrbina
Explorer
Explorer
It's so nice to hear of a great breakdown and repair experience. Far to often we hear of the bad experiences. Good for you. :B
Rudy, Jenny and Garrett
2014 Thor.. Four Winds 35SK Super C..F-550..6.7 Diesel
CRV, F-150 & Wrangler Sahara Toads..TST Tire monitor