cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The world's most expensive RV campsite - $1600

2bzy2c
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it is true. Camping for 4 days in Huntington Beach California will cost you $1600. This is due to the Great Pacific Air Show starting this Friday on the Beach.

RV camping spots are $1600 for 4 days. The RV sites are literally directly under the flight path. The noise from the jets actually sets off car alarms for miles around.

Want to roast marshmallows? Put them on a stick, raise them in the air, and the afterburners will do a quick toasting job.

If you want to save $1600, just bring a lounge chair and sit on the beach for free. Sigh...ONLY in California

Details
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.
27 REPLIES 27

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow... back in 2011 I paid $120 a night for a week in Florida in February. It was canal front, with a dock. WAY more than I wanted to pay, but it was the closest to the Gulf that I could find that year. Never again...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
For what it's worth ... the most expensive campsite for us was probably the one we were headed to when our RV's transmission failed ... around $5.5K to replace! ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Save some money and fly to Portland ... we have great air show ... and there is light rail that will drop you off a couple hundred yards from the show. I left Calif 40 years ago ... miss the people ... don't miss the rest.
Kevin

tdiller
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
No attraction for me. No desire to see those types 9f events.

When my daughter was in the Navy stationed at Norfork, VA we were offered a Tiger Cruise, immediate family members of the sailor, a board the USS Eisenhower, air craft carrier. Tiger cruise took us to the edge of US territory. We toured the ship, saw where they slept and worked, served us a fantastic meal twice, breakfast and lunch, had activities in the hangar bays, and did an air show for us. Quite impressive, one plane was out 5 miles, did the sonic boom for us.

Total cost, free.

That sounds more like a dependents cruise. A one day experience. A tiger cruise is usually multiple days. I have had the experience of being on a dependents cruise on the GW Bush aircraft carrier with my daughter and was scheduled for the tiger cruise from Florida back to Norfolk when my father passed and we had our daughter flown home for the funeral. She got to experience being launched off the aircraft carrier. I also was a crew member when the ship I was on had a dependents cruise where my brother and best friend got to go out to sea for the day. They arrived the day before and we were all so hungover that my brother and friend almost could not handle the mild sea swells we were in.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
No attraction for me. No desire to see those types 9f events.

When my daughter was in the Navy stationed at Norfork, VA we were offered a Tiger Cruise, immediate family members of the sailor, a board the USS Eisenhower, air craft carrier. Tiger cruise took us to the edge of US territory. We toured the ship, saw where they slept and worked, served us a fantastic meal twice, breakfast and lunch, had activities in the hangar bays, and did an air show for us. Quite impressive, one plane was out 5 miles, did the sonic boom for us.

Total cost, free.

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nothing uncommon, bike week in Daytona FL, Sturgis rally, both hike the prices for the event

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Supply & Demand...there were some crazy prices back when Atlanta held the olympics.

Heck some of the prime campgrounds in the keys are $150/night normally.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
Guess it's not only in California after all...
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Balloon Festival Albuquerque
Want to know more about our RV sites or have a question about making a reservation? Frequently asked questions .

STANDARD: $40.00 per night (dry camping) (South RV Lot)

BOX VIEW: $50.00 per night (dry camping) (South RV Lot)

PREMIUM: $95.00 per night (30Amp and water connection) (South RV Lot)

VIP West/East: $100.00 per night (dry camping, adjacent to the Launch Field with 2 entry passes included valid during your stay.)

PRESIDENT'S COMPOUND :$250.00 per night (Sites on a bluff overlooking the Launch Field with city water pressure and 30-50 Amp RV Hook-up, this site also includes 4 entry passes to the Launch Field valid during your stay.)
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

2bzy2c
Explorer
Explorer
Free beer?
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

I donโ€™t know....

My spot this year at Richmond Raceway cost me $5,000.00 for 5 days..

I splurged for the year, back to reality in 2019 !!
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
And they will probably be sold out quickly.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would suggest limiting your breathing if camped under the flight path. I hear some of them air jockeys removed their smog control devices.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad