cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thetford tire conversion

Mikeyt2185
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen a post floating around that gives the specific parts list for converting a larger 4 wheeled Thetford to pneumatic tires. I tried searching with the advanced search and can't find it. Does anyone know of the parts, or can find that post anywhere? Thanks for the help.
2005 Dodge 2500
2010 Crossroads Sunset Trail 29BH
5 REPLIES 5

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
A few posts on the subject

The above was found using this site's Advanced search. Key words 'thetford pneumatic', Keyword Match: Find posts with all of the words in any order. However, I didn't look for posts older than one year. Francesca's link is from 09.. I should see if that pops up too.

"Exact Phrase" (the default), almost never works (or returns too much). Another problem on here is spelling - the AS here won't do any spelling 'sound alike' words, like thedford, or newmatic, which google might. Google might even find 'axel'. Google's default is all words in any order.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Mikeyt2185
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone!
2005 Dodge 2500
2010 Crossroads Sunset Trail 29BH

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
Francesca is right on with her information, along with Old-Biscuit, DogFolks, and The Texan. When you need information about ANY subject, these folks can help along with many other experienced folks on this forum. This a great place to share information based on first hand experiences.

Drill the axel and install cotter pins and washers. Easy, inexpensive and a quick fix for oversized tires on your Thetford.

Lakeside

mrquacker
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Francesca, I like that second link.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Try this link.

Search tip:

I can never make this site's "advanced search" function work, so I always use the "advanced search" tool at this link. There's a box there where you can punch in any site you want to search. Works well for me.
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien