cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toilet part help needed from the road OH/IN area

Don_and_Eileen
Explorer
Explorer
We're staying in Geneva on the Lake, OH tonight and could travel to the Elkhart, IN area tomorrow. I know there's a Camping World along the way in Rossford, OH, but if I could buy parts in either Geneva on the Lake or in Elkhart, I'd prefer to do that. Any suggestions for other locations to buy toilet parts? I'm wondering about Elkhart since it's a large RV manufacturing area. Or is it limited to just that?
Thanks.
Don and Eileen
8 REPLIES 8

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
Aqua Magic toilets produced by Thetford are the most common toilets found in all but the most expensive of RVsโ€ฆ

There are a few other brands, including some that are ceramic and similar to what you find in a homeโ€ฆ

The Thetford foot pedal flush toilets mostly have a cable that comes up and activates the water valveโ€ฆ

http://www.americanrvcompany.com/assets/images/Thetford/OM_Permanent_42088_06.pdf
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
You can get anything you want in Elkhart. RV surplus is a great place along with many others.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

westend
Explorer
Explorer
So what was the issue, was the pedal assembly loose?
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Don_and_Eileen
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, all. I managed to replace the two hollow wall anchors holding the pedal assembly in place, but not without a great deal struggle. I had to saw out the old wall anchors.
Thanks again.
Don and Eileen

liveneasy
Explorer
Explorer
You didn't mention what model of toilet you have... but from the Traveler/Sealand manual:

Flush valve will not open;
Possible causes:
a. Broken shaft.
b. Shaft not fully engaged in the
spring cartridge.

Service instructions:
a. Replace shaft.
b. Put pressure on shaft from under
the flush ball (pushing into spring
cartridge) until it engages. You
may have to rotate flush ball
slightly until shaft lines up with
square in spring cartridge.

Diagram

As I recall there were several RV related businesses the last time I was through there. Good luck.
Greg
'96 Holiday Rambler Endeavor DP/'03 4wd tracker
Datastorm F1/D2/7000/on SatMx5
See where I am today

Don_and_Eileen
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, Randu, for saving us a futile trip. My husband is working on it right now. Needed parts are unknown since he can't seem to find what's causing the issue. (The flap won't open to drain the toilet.)
Don and Eileen

Randu
Explorer
Explorer
Camping World in Rossburg, OH across from Bass Pro is still under construction and not open. (Went to Bass Pro just 3 days ago) Just a shell and parking lot at this time. Most all RV places have replacement parts for toilets. Randu
2017 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
4x4,Duramax, Allison.
2017 Jayco North Point 381DLQS
Previous: 2000 Travel Supreme
2005 Newmar Kountry Star
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3

Moved from Forum Technical Support