cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tongue jack just stopped working

DE88ROX
Explorer
Explorer
Barker VIP Tongue Jack. Only 2 years old.

Went camping a few weeks ago and it worked just fine. Just went to pick up the trailer today from storage to bring it home for our trip this weekend and nothing. Wont go up or down. The light works just fine.

I popped the cover off and all the switch wires seems to be attached good. Its the strangest thing. had to go old school and use the manual crank.

Thoughts? suggestions?

Im going over to barker website no and see what I can find out.
Barker is located about an hour south of me. I could be like that old lady in the Discount Tire commercail. ๐Ÿ™‚
[COLOR=]TV- 2010 GMC Sierra Z71 EXT. cab
TT- 2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge235fb
17 REPLIES 17

DavidP
Explorer
Explorer
Most likely a bad switch. Very common. They will send you a new one for free or at least they did for me. Also make sure it has a good ground on the base connected to the trailer. The fact the light works most likely it does.

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
I think there is a 15AMP fuse. Check the wires under the tongue to the battery.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
As much as I am sorry it happened to you. I'm glad I read this. My tongue jack did the same thing. Only it is a Ultra Tow. Only 3 years old, and I'm guessing it gets hot, stops. Goes again after it cools a few seconds.
I was going to replace it with a Barker. I will look for another brand now.

Thinking about getting a socket cut to fit the studs on the manual backup crank, and using my 24 Volt drill to run it.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers