cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Totable Black Water Tank.

ntjpmm
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all, we are looking at camping for a week at the end of the month at at a place that has water, electric, but no sewer. There are 4 of us two adults and two teenagers. Even if we use the campground facilities as much as possible I am concerned that our tanks will fill up before our time camping is done.

So I am looking at one of those towable extra black water tanks. Does anyone have an opinion on them or recommendations. The campground does not have a dump site either so we will have to transport it to a dump place somewhere else. I was looking at this one from Amazon, because I have Prime membership and can get free shipping and it looked big enough to not have us have to do this to often. So please tell me what do you think.
๐Ÿ™‚

http://www.amazon.com/Barker-Manufacturing-27844-4-Wheeler-Tote-Along/dp/B000BGM89Y/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hi_3#productDetails

Tracy in WA
Tracy in WA
1999 Fourwinds 31S
1997 Geo Metro
Falcon 2/Brakebuddy
18 REPLIES 18

ntjpmm
Explorer
Explorer
I agree completely that the Gray water will get filled first, my assumption was that I could use the same tote to tote away the gray water if needed.

Yes I can tote away the stuff the campground is fine with it.

What I really want to know is if you have used one and if you recommend it? Can you really hook it up to your hitch ball and tote it down the freeway to a rest area dump station??

Tracy in WA
Tracy in WA
1999 Fourwinds 31S
1997 Geo Metro
Falcon 2/Brakebuddy

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
Check with the campground. Some don't allow transferring black water to totes due to the possibility of overflow accidents.

As others have stated, you're more likely to fill your gray tank(s) way before the black tank.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
ntjpmm wrote:
we will have to transport it to a dump place somewhere else.
You won't likely be towing it very far, or filling it up all the way. Water is heavy. And it'll be gray water, not black.

Tote posts
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I suspect your grey tank will need dumping even if you use campground showers so you may want to invest in the tote. I would think if you use the toilet sparingly by using the campground facilities you should be able to avoid the potential mess of toting black water. So do you know what size your tanks are? Does your bathroom sink drain into the black tank (my 2000 30Q does), if so you may want to limit it's use as well.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT