cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TPMS

Whiskey_River
Explorer
Explorer
Changing batteries this week end in the TPMS. I have the 507 Truck System Technologies system. This is the 2nd time as I have got 2 years out of the batteries each time. Thinking about leaving off the outside cover that makes the sending unit on the tires difficult to remove or steal without the special tool. Just wondering if anyone else has done that and had someone steal the sending units from the tires. It will make removing the sending unit the same as removing a valve cap but I don't think they are a hot ticket item for someone to steal........
I also remove the sending units after each trip thinking it will save the batteries. Not sure that is the case though as the instruction manual says the batteries last 2 years.
8 REPLIES 8

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Whiskey River wrote:
Great system and excellent support from TST.

True that!

Recently, the battery in my TST receiver, not the transmitters, the receiver, died. I contacted TST to find out what battery it was so I could buy a replacement battery. They sent me a new receiver, gratis.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Whiskey_River
Explorer
Explorer
OK, thanks all.
I changed batteries yesterday and left the anti-theft covers off.
I would think you should get a stronger signal from the sending unit with the anti-theft covers off.
When I first got the system, I had problems with the small antenna that was stock, so the good folks at TST sent me the larger antenna and it has not missed a beat since.. Great system and excellent support from TST.

dave_smith1
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto with everyone else who removed those anti-theft covers. A good idea, but no problems with sticky-fingered people in the last 4 years without them. The dielectric grease is a good tip, also anti-seize paste works well. TST sends me spare O-rings for free whenever I ask - great customer service!
Regards,
Dave & Kristi Smith
----------------------
2013 Arctic Fox 29-5K FW
2011 Ford F350 Lariat
Visit our RV site!

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
I have also taken the covers off ours. No problems in two years. Be sure to put new "O" rings on as needed.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

handsome51
Explorer
Explorer
I saved the nuts from my pressure pro that I used to have. It is a thin nut you screw on the valve stem first. Then screw the TMS on. Then back the nut up against the TMS and tighten it with a wrench. I also took the covers off

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've had the flow-through sensors also for about three years too. They are still on the original batteries, and I also take them off the wheels when the toyhauler is in storage for the winter.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
I took the security covers off our 10 TST standard 507 sensors a couple of years ago, and haven't lost one yet. I think they're small enough without the caps that they probably go pretty much unnoticed, and just look like slightly large standard valve caps. Ours are on and in use year round so they only come off for battery changes or airing up, but the batteries still usually last close to two years. I install the sensors with a dab of dielectric grease on the threads to minimize any corrosion issues.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

TomHaycraft
Explorer
Explorer
I have the TST 507 "flow-through" sending units, going on 3 years. No security devices, I leave them on during my trips, no one has bothered them, but take them off when in storage between trips.
2013 Silverado 3500HD - Duramax/Allison - CC, long bed, SRW, 2WD
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS - TST 507 TPMS