cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travel Videos I've made

camperkilgore
Explorer
Explorer
I posted this under the rv parks, campgrounds, and attractions, but I'll put it here also.

I've made some travel videos which some might find entertaining. They cover many of our rv travels to national parks in the U.S. Maybe some of you that are planning to go to some of these parks might enjoy what you might see when you go. My wife and I are retired now, and finally got to visit some of the places on our bucket list.

This link will take you to my album on vimeo where you can watch the videos, but they are pretty long videos so you can fast forward if you want. My wife and I really enjoy watching them and reliving our adventures: Best watched with headphones plugged in for the music, and you might have to take it off HD if the video does not play without stopping.
http://vimeo.com/album/2818274
Tom & Carol
47 REPLIES 47

JayGee
Explorer
Explorer
Super! Thanks for sharing.
Jaygee

2005 Bounder 35E on F53 chassis

camperkilgore
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Camper2003 wrote:
Bravo!!!!!! Mt Rushmore is definately on my bucket list some day. The DW and I both watched the videos. Excellent work!!!!

We were lucky to meet the last surviving member of the team that actually carved the mountain. He was at the visitors center, and he was very interesting and had a very clear mind(unlike mine)Lol.

Thanks,
Tom
Tom & Carol

camperkilgore
Explorer
Explorer
Skipg wrote:
Great vids my wife and I did that same trip in 2013 also. We have a toy hauler so we saw all the areas on our trike. Happy travels
Skip

Thanks. I am envious of you folks that have motorcycles, and I would have loved to see many of these sights on one.
Tom & Carol

Happy_Camper200
Explorer
Explorer
Bravo!!!!!! Mt Rushmore is definately on my bucket list some day. The DW and I both watched the videos. Excellent work!!!!
2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Ext.cab Duramax\Allison
2009 Sabre 31 BHDS

Skipg
Explorer
Explorer
Great vids my wife and I did that same trip in 2013 also. We have a toy hauler so we saw all the areas on our trike. Happy travels
Skip

camperkilgore
Explorer
Explorer
Bucky Badger wrote:
Thanks for using a monopod or tripod. Nothing worse than a shakey video

Yes, I used to have shaky videos, but soon learned to use a steady tripod and good video head to make smooth motion. I also use a slider sometimes and occasionally a Jib.

Tom
Tom & Carol

camperkilgore
Explorer
Explorer
outdoorlovers wrote:
What I especially enjoyed were your transitions from one scene to another. We've spent a couple summers in Yellowstone and were not able to view moose. However, in a blinding snowstorm, I saw them walking around in my daughter's front yard in Park City, UT!

Yes, when we were looking for them, there were none to be found. Just lucked up on them a couple of times in Colorado where we didn't really expect to see any. The one laying down in the snow in the Colorado video made me a little nervous, but he was not interested in killing me thank goodness.

The transitions from one scene to another, I tried to vary as much as possible. Nothing worse than too much of a single type.

Thanks,
Tom
Tom & Carol

camperkilgore
Explorer
Explorer
Camp Wilson wrote:
WOW!!! What great quality videos. Very nice!!

Thank you for the kind remarks. It sure helps to get positive feedback.
Tom & Carol

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
:S
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for using a monopod or tripod. Nothing worse than a shakey video
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

outdoorlovers
Explorer
Explorer
What I especially enjoyed were your transitions from one scene to another. We've spent a couple summers in Yellowstone and were not able to view moose. However, in a blinding snowstorm, I saw them walking around in my daughter's front yard in Park City, UT!
2012 Dodge Ram 2500, Cummins turbo diesel, 6 speed, 4X4, tow package
2014 Jayco FW Eagle HT 26.5 RLS
Yamaha EF2400iS gen

Camp_Wilson
Explorer
Explorer
WOW!!! What great quality videos. Very nice!!
2015 Sunset Trail 270BH

camperkilgore
Explorer
Explorer
outdoorlovers wrote:
Just finished viewing in its entirety your Deserts of the Southwest. I am left speechless and in total awe. You are a true professional. Tell us more about your background as this was no amateur video. I'm looking forward to viewing the rest of your travel videos.

Thank you very much,

No, I am definitely not a professional in video making. I just like to try to capture memories so that when we are too old to go anymore, we can relive some of the places we've been. I've been interested in photography for decades, and I have just in the past few years gotten into using video cameras. I've discovered that movies with music that adds to the feeling are better than still photos in a slideshow. It does take a long time to put all this together however. I have spent about a week editing and assembling some of the videos. We've been lucky to capture some interesting stuff, like the rutting elk at the rv park at the Grand Canyon, and the moose in the Colorado video. We spent a long time at Yellowstone, but never saw a moose, so we were very excited to get so close to the ones in Colorado, even if it did make me a little nervous.

Tom
Tom & Carol

camperkilgore
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
Forum rules prohibit posting in multiple forums.......Dennis

My apologies,
I wasn't sure which category to post it under. Seems like I am always either doing something wrong or saying something wrong on RV.net. Kind of discouraging sometimes.

I edited the post in RVparks,Campgrounds, and Attractions to eliminate the multiple post. Hopefully that will suffice.
Tom & Carol

outdoorlovers
Explorer
Explorer
sharibartling, how to add a map
2012 Dodge Ram 2500, Cummins turbo diesel, 6 speed, 4X4, tow package
2014 Jayco FW Eagle HT 26.5 RLS
Yamaha EF2400iS gen