Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Truma Combi water/heaters

Steve_911
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
Does anybody have any knowledge or experience with the Truma-Combi heater/water heaters?
I recently ordered a Lance 1475, and I understand that all new 1475โ€™s built will now have these in them...
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

gmctoyman
Explorer
Explorer
The Truma was the only thing I really liked in my 2 P.O.S. Winnebago Travatos.
Dave W. AKA "Toyman"
KE5GOH - On 146.52
RV's ? What RV's ???
Apache Pop-up
Classic GMC Motorhome
07 Leisure Travel Sprinter
Do Boats Count ?

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
LA. that's exactly what I wanted to know. There is no way I can thank you enough.
Thanks again!
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

LosAngeles
Explorer
Explorer
garmp wrote:
Quite late to join this conversation, but I need some help. When we bought our unit the salesman knew nothing about the Truma Combi unit. Had the installed show us the basics.
I have a bunch of questions, so please bear with me. A previous post said that on the ECO setting with both gas & electric selected the unit uses electric. Is that true of other settings?
Do you turn the unit off before you unplug from shore power and get on the road? What is the benefit of using gas & electric. Why not just run on the campgrounds power?

Thanks a bunch.

yes turn the unit off before traveling.

and - to heat up the air (or water) propane is fast, and has a big thermal energy.

the Truma Combi is either 800 watts or 1800 watts... if i recall correctly - depending on the setting - but 1800 watts (like a hair drier) isn't enough to heat up an RV from a cold blast of air as you enter, for example.

so you use both propane and electricity. The propane gets you to your target heat. The electric keeps you there.

also - you can find the manual on the internet and read it. ๐Ÿ™‚ for more questions.

I'm no expert but I do know the above to be true.

hope this helps.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Quite late to join this conversation, but I need some help. When we bought our unit the salesman knew nothing about the Truma Combi unit. Had the installed show us the basics.
I have a bunch of questions, so please bear with me. A previous post said that on the ECO setting with both gas & electric selected the unit uses electric. Is that true of other settings?
Do you turn the unit off before you unplug from shore power and get on the road? What is the benefit of using gas & electric. Why not just run on the campgrounds power?

Thanks a bunch.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Since my earlier post I have learned about the ECO setting that allows you to combine gas and 120v and the system will automatically switch over to full electric as it approaches the set temperature to conserve propane.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

LosAngeles
Explorer
Explorer
I am also very interested in the Truma Combo. The PLUS version that will work on 120v as well as propane.

any other users?

i would get it in a new Hallmark pop up camper.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
SoundGuy .... thanks much for the link.

That is a VERY interesting technology!

Most interesting to me was the efficiency numbers for their various models. Do these efficiency ratings translate into way less propane being used for heating motorhomes when not on hookups? It certainly seems like it should. However, 12V power usage of their models when on high heat settings seems to be about the same as the classic RV propane furnaces - in the 5-6 amp range, probably for the blower.

Another nice plus for these units is that - if I'm reading the info right - they seem to operate at variable heating levels ... instead of just ON full blast or completely OFF, as is the case with the classic RV propane furnace when it's cycling.

I'll bet they heat very quietly, too - and I like the capability of linking their control with a rooftop air conditioner's control - so you just set a desired inside temperature for your RV and the two systems automatically work together to do what they have to do to keep the inside temperature at whatever temperature you set (assuming you're on hookups for the air conditioner). NICE!

At least some of their models also seem to be able to mix the amount of outside/new air you want mixed in with the internal circulating air.

As it reads, this technology seems like a no-brainer for use in U.S. RVs ... the sooner the better.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Steve 911 wrote:
Does anybody have any knowledge or experience with the Truma-Combi heater/water heaters?

Truma Combi Website with information downloads.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
We have one in our Winnebago Era and it's great. We can use gas or electricity or both with a high and low setting for each. You can't hear it when it's starting or running and barely any heat comes out the exhaust when on gas. It kept our coach at 65 degrees when it was in the low 20's outside just using the electric power. The water heater part has the same otions and you can use the furnace when the water heater is drained.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36