cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TSD Fuel Card

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone use the TSD fuel card? Seems Pilot/FJ has suspended the great discount when using that card because of their relationship with Good Sam. Looks like the only thing you can now get at Pilot/FJ is their huge 8 cents a gallon discount on diesel

This is from the TSD website:

Quote:
As of the end of the week, Pilot is officially retracting their discounts from our program due to their relationship with Good Sams. Good Sams has an exclusive contract with Pilot which prevents them from giving any discounts to the RV community through any other means. Every other discount is still in place.
18 REPLIES 18

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
Just use your TDS card at Love's, TA or PETRO and love it.
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

DustyR
Explorer
Explorer
Sam's Club will give you a 5% discount on fuel using their credit card. That seems to be the best option at Pilot/FJ IMHO.
2016 Open Range 319RLS
Tow Vehicle: 2008 Silverado 2500 HD
Duramax, Allison Transmission.

ExxWhy
Explorer
Explorer
I just used it for the first time yesterday at a Loves. Saved over 20 bucks on just one fill.

DustyR
Explorer
Explorer
Sam's Club will give you 5% on fuel purchases anywhere a MasterCard is accepted. That is one solution, the other is use Pilot/FJ as a last alternative.
2016 Open Range 319RLS
Tow Vehicle: 2008 Silverado 2500 HD
Duramax, Allison Transmission.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Class A DP 1 wrote:
jdc1 wrote:
Use your Costco Citi Bank card. 1-4% cash back. It adds up FAST.

Does the Costco card need be used only at Costco?

No.. It's a Visa card. But the cashback is greater if used at costco...4%...that's 12 cents a gollon savings. Now, if you used it to purchase gas at a Kroger, Smith's, ect., you'de realize a 3% cashback and your points savings from the grocery store....Stacking up savings is great.

LibertyMan
Explorer
Explorer
So I contacted Pilot/FlyingJ and this was the response I got about the TSD fuel card.

"Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue. It was recently brought to our attention that TSD Logistics was reselling fuel by offering their discounts outside of their company. We were unaware of this activity and did not agree to the resale of our fuel.

We appreciate your business and are available to discuss this directly by contacting us at (865) 474-3986."

So it sounds to me that it is a game of wording. It was my understanding that when I applied for and received my TSD card, I was a part of the company technically speaking which allowed for the discounts to be received. I guess Pilot/FlyingJ perceived it differently. Hopefully they will not loose anything with Loves because that is where the big discounts were.
2019 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite
2016 Ram CCSB 2500 CTD
GenY Weight Distribution Hitch

LibertyMan
Explorer
Explorer
navigator2346 wrote:
Anyone use the TSD fuel card? Seems Pilot/FJ has suspended the great discount when using that card because of their relationship with Good Sam. Looks like the only thing you can now get at Pilot/FJ is their huge 8 cents a gallon discount on diesel

This is from the TSD website:

Quote:
As of the end of the week, Pilot is officially retracting their discounts from our program due to their relationship with Good Sams. Good Sams has an exclusive contract with Pilot which prevents them from giving any discounts to the RV community through any other means. Every other discount is still in place.

Where is that on their website? I cannot find it anywhere on their site. And how would they know it's an RV being filled up and not something else? Not questing you specific, just ticks me off.
2019 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite
2016 Ram CCSB 2500 CTD
GenY Weight Distribution Hitch

patperry2766
Explorer II
Explorer II
Class A DP 1 wrote:
jdc1 wrote:

No,
you get 4% off on gas anywhere, 3% on eating out and 1-2% on everything else. While some might do better, I'm getting a $655 voucher back from Costco this month for my 2019 purchases. Just gotta take it there to cash it and then I can go shopping for the stuff that I don't want the wife to know about.

So far for 2020, my cash back reward is already at $155 thru February. Since I pay off the balance every month, it is truly free money.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've basically quit using Pilot/Flying J. The discount using the Good Sam Pilot card there wasn't all that hot, anyway. Our TSD card gets us much better discounts at all the other truck stops. If Pilot/Flying J is the only thing around and I'm approaching empty, I've still got the Good Sam Pilot card in my wallet.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Camper8251
Explorer
Explorer
The Craptastic part is that where I am there are more Pilot F/j's...So I am screwed.. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Lots of folks complaining to Pilot/FJ if you all are interesed. Here is link to complain

https://pilotflyingj.com/contact-us/
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 DMAX
Outdoors RV 23DBS
2008 Arctic Fox 811 - SOLD
19.5 Vision Wheels with
Toyo M608z's 225/70R19.5 14 plys rated at 3970

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
Camper8251 wrote:
Sounds like GoodSam got their feelings hurt and started losing a lot of money so they pressured Pilot/FJ to stop selling to TSD RV customers.

When you look at the discount we get using TSD vs GoodSam it has to make you wonder how much GoodSam is pocketing on all of our transactions since the GS discount is so small.

^^^agree...I have both cards...looks like I will be using Pilot/FJ a lot less.
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

Camper8251
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like GoodSam got their feelings hurt and started losing a lot of money so they pressured Pilot/FJ to stop selling to TSD RV customers.

When you look at the discount we get using TSD vs GoodSam it has to make you wonder how much GoodSam is pocketing on all of our transactions since the GS discount is so small.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 DMAX
Outdoors RV 23DBS
2008 Arctic Fox 811 - SOLD
19.5 Vision Wheels with
Toyo M608z's 225/70R19.5 14 plys rated at 3970

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
wanderingbob wrote:
What about a 40 t0 50 cent discount , just drive a little bit away from the Pilot
That's how you do it!

Pilots, J's.. they're always too busy anyway with folks wanting their "discount".
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Class_A_DP_1
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:

Prevost XL40 Country Coach Conversion