cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

VIN 3FCMF53S2XJA24240 Clear Choice RV's

keskus100
Explorer
Explorer
In early Aug I put a deposit on this RV and took this vehicle to "Mike Thompson RV" in San Bernadino. They recognized it as it was brought to them a month before. I paid $1000 to have this unit checked out by them about the 17th of Aug 2013.I have all the details!

Be aware, this vehicle is not "ready for the road" !
22 REPLIES 22

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
sanshansean wrote:
Regarding Clear Choice RV. I would be very careful when dealing with them. They have a Beaver Margue listed on EBAY, They say it is inb Excellent Condition. That is not true... I had that RV for the last six years, But gave it back to the bank because I was way under water with it....

That is kind of funny, you shaft your lender (and its shareholders and other customers) but want to bad mouth the dealer selling your old MH? Maybe they fixed the things you failed to maintain?
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

md2lgyk
Explorer II
Explorer II
pnichols wrote:
Duuuuuhhh ... how's that any different than what millions of Americans have been doing the last few years when they "walk away from" (in other words - give it back to the bank) their un-paid-for homes because they were underwater with their mortgage??? The short answer is "no different" ... and yet this behavior seems to have been all too common and all too accepted throughout our land.

I agree with you about an RV, but not about a home. Most people don't walk away from a home just because they're underwater, they do it because they're out of work, can no longer afford the payment, and can't sell because they can't pay off the existing mortgage.

That happened to me about 20 years ago, through no fault of mine, after I lost my job and the local housing market tanked. The key to dealing with such a situation and avoiding foreclosure (a credit rating killer) is to go to the bank while you're still current on the mortgage, explain why you can't stay that way, and work with them to find a solution. In my case, the bank began working directly with our realtor, and eventually the house went on a short sale. The bank forgave the shortage amount (paltry by today's standards) and, after finding another job, I was able to buy another house within a year.
"The great object is, that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun." - Patrick Henry

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I am not passing judgement nor meaning this as a criticism of people here. Stuff happens.

However, one reason why banks are keeping their money overseas (and making sweetheart deals to Chinese companies) while refusing to loan to US businesses (thus keeping the economy stagnant) is because of the trend for people this side of the pond to buy something, find they don't like it, owing more than it is worth, then just shrug, stop paying on it, let the bank repo it, and taking the dent in the credit record. The bank can get a deficiency judgement, but usually they just write it off and dent someone's credit.

Banks have gotten wise to this. I have decent credit, so they offered me 100% financing (I refused to do this, as I wanted to always be ahead of the game, especially because I financed a fairly expensive generator in the purchase), but a number of banks will only finance on the used value of the rig, so all depreciation costs have to be fronted in advance.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
CarlGeo wrote:
NO, you did not give it back to the bank, YOU failed to live up to your promisary note to pay for something. If you make a promise, it should be kept, and you should have paid for what you purchased. Just because someone changes their mind is not reason to stop paying a promise note.

Duuuuuhhh ... how's that any different than what millions of Americans have been doing the last few years when they "walk away from" (in other words - give it back to the bank) their un-paid-for homes because they were underwater with their mortgage??? The short answer is "no different" ... and yet this behavior seems to have been all too common and all too accepted throughout our land.

Almost everything I own or am still making payments on is worth less than I paid for it. Being "worth less than the price we financed" is no excuse for not continueing to make the payments ... anything less is breach of contract and/or stealing ... plain and simple.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
I just can't stand someone that would make a promise to a bank, ie take out a loan, and then decide that they didn't want to make payments anymore because the collateral is worth less that what is owed.

Same type of person would get a puppy and then when it grew up, get rid of it because it ate more.

CarlGeo
Explorer
Explorer
NO, you did not give it back to the bank, YOU failed to live up to your promisary note to pay for something. If you make a promise, it should be kept, and you should have paid for what you purchased. Just because someone changes their mind is not reason to stop paying a promise note.

JMHO, from the OLD SCHOOL!
CarlGeo

sanshansean wrote:
Regarding Clear Choice RV. I would be very careful when dealing with them. They have a Beaver Margue listed on EBAY, They say it is inb Excellent Condition. That is not true... I had that RV for the last six years, But gave it back to the bank because I was way under water with it.
I is worth about 15M. If you would like the facts, Just send me an EMail. I have no idea how it got to Colton, CA. I turned into the bank about 6 weeks ago in Spokane, WA.
Have a good day.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
" I had that RV for the last six years, But gave it back to the bank because I was way under water with it."

Wow, some way take on responsibility of an obligation you made. What if everyone who is underwater with their RV dd the same thing you did?

I hope your credit is ruined so you can't buy another one

sanshansean
Explorer
Explorer
Dan NIkel, No SiR I did not TRASCH IT BEFORE i TURNED IT IN! pLEASE NOTE, THE
tRANNY, AND THE ENGINE ARE ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT ( bUT NOT AS ADVERTISED) tv & tHE STEREO IS NOT THERE, BECAUSE i TOOK IT OUT WHEN i TURNED IT INTO THE BANK. BECAUSE i PAID FOR IT WHEN i GOT THE RIG (6 YEARS AGO. tHE DENT IN THE PASSINGER
BASEMENT WAS ADDED AFTER i TURNED IT INTO THE BANK.. aS i SAID, IT WOULD BE A GREAT BUY FOR $15,000, BUT NO MORE THAN THAT!!

sanshansean
Explorer
Explorer
Wny Pat.. OK, to list a few things that are wrong. First of all NO TV or stereo in front.CAT 3208 but no Turbo.No 6 speed Trans mission. Water Heaters do not work on elevtric.
Big bad crease on passenger side of basement. Toilet does not work as it should. Most of the gauges do not work. Tires are shot.. 15 years old and front abe badly cupped/ And mostly I wonder why they sent the rig to
southern california to be sold if it was in excellent condition?

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
sanshansean wrote:
Regarding Clear Choice RV. I would be very careful when dealing with them. They have a Beaver Margue listed on EBAY, They say it is inb Excellent Condition. That is not true... I had that RV for the last six years, But gave it back to the bank because I was way under water with it.
I is worth about 15M. If you would like the facts, Just send me an EMail. I have no idea how it got to Colton, CA. I turned into the bank about 6 weeks ago in Spokane, WA.
Have a good day.

Did you trash it before you turned it in?
Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB

workhardplayha1
Explorer
Explorer
I am still wayne_tw wrote:
Looking at the picture of the instrument cluster, the engine appears to be running according to the tachometer but the ABS light is on, too. Clearly something is wrong.

Nothing a little piece of black electrical tape can't fix.

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
Be nice if the op would tell us what is wrong with it.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

sanshansean
Explorer
Explorer
Have a good day.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
First post and a whine at the same time