Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What are you reading?

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Let's share book ideas!

I'm currently reading Huckleberry Finn. Haven't read it since I was a kid and, no surprise, it's a lot more complex than I remembered :). And a good traveling book!

Also highly recommended, from my just-finished pile, Motoring with Mohammed. It's nothing about war -- it's a travelogue from the 80s, about Yemen. Beautifully written.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.
540 REPLIES 540

PyrateSilly
Explorer
Explorer
Good Omens - Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman
Ready Player One - Ernest Cline
Both the Blue Adept series and the Xanth series - Peirs Anthony
Play to Live series - D. Rus
The Martian - Andy Weir
Pern series - Anne McCaffrey

I read a lot and will read ones I like several times so I don't delete any off the Kindle. If I have read a series and a new one comes out then I will start the series again and add the new one in. There are quite a few more on the Kindle but those are just the latest ones.
Abigail and Christine having fun in a 1993 Monaco Crown Royale Signature Series 40ft 300hp RV.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Finished Longmire mystery Hell is Empty by Craig Johnson. Good story and significantly different from the TV adaptation.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

dakasa47
Explorer
Explorer
Murder In the Bowery Victoria Thompson.
David and Marianne
2010 Tundra
2007 FunFinder 21'

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
I haven't read a fiction book since I was in high school. I thought that's why they made movies.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

quoyfab
Explorer
Explorer
Johnstown Flood - David McCullough

dakasa47
Explorer
Explorer
All the Presidents' Children: Triumph and Tragedy in the Lives of America's First Families by Doug Weald. It was written in 2004 so only goes up to the Bush daughters. Interesting info.
David and Marianne
2010 Tundra
2007 FunFinder 21'

dakasa47
Explorer
Explorer
Edith Kermit Roosevelt by Sylvia Jukes Morris. Its a biography of Theodore Roosevelt's wife.
David and Marianne
2010 Tundra
2007 FunFinder 21'

alanrader
Explorer
Explorer
Hi there, I am reading rv.net forum.

dakasa47
Explorer
Explorer
oh forgot ...Rather Be the devil...Ian Rankin(one of my all time favorite mystery authors)
Who Thought This was a Good Idea? And Other Questions You Should Have Answers to When You Work in the White House by Alyssa Mastromonaco
David and Marianne
2010 Tundra
2007 FunFinder 21'

dakasa47
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't posted in months as we traveled in January and then life stuff...mother and two aunts in their late 80's....spending time with 3 year old grandson Malcolm and a new gift of a new grandson Miles almost 1 month old. Although I haven't posted I never ever stop reading. So wanted to try and catch up. I have read the following in the past few months...although I am not sure if this is all of them.
reading now-Cold Earth Shetland Island series by Ann Cleaves
The Case for Impeachment-Allam J Lichtman
Back Over There One American Time Traveler, 100 Years Since the Great War Richard Rubin
The Last of the Doughboys Richard Rubin
The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt, Theodore Rex and Colonel Roosevelt a 3 volume set by Edmund Morris
Murder on the Serpentine Anne Perry
In This Grave Hour(Maisie Dobbs) Jacqueline Winspear
Police at the Station and They Don't Look Friendly Adam McKinty
Death of a Ghost MC Beaton
new mystery author for me...Caroline Graham
I Hate Everyone But You..Clinton Kelly
The Daily Show(The Book) an oral history Chris Smith and Jon Stewart
Garden of Lamentations Deborah Crombie
Dead to Last Drop, Holiday BuzzDead Cold Brew, Roast Mortem Murder by Mocha Billionaire Blend Once Upon a Grind and A Brew to a Kill by Cleo Coyle an author I had read years ago and just got caught up on
and probably a few more but may have posted them already.

I learned that Theodore Roosevelt was one intelligent, unique, fascinating and larger than life person. I have also read a lot about WW1 and found The Last of the Doughboys and its followup Over There to be 2 of the best books I have ever read. I highly recommend them to anyone interested in WW1
David and Marianne
2010 Tundra
2007 FunFinder 21'

quoyfab
Explorer
Explorer
Hillbilly Elegy - J D Vance

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
Goliad, a compilation by by the Texas State Historical Association.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Wrapped In The Flag, America's radical right and how Claire Conner daughter of JBS leader escaped.

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
This Doesn't Happen In The Movies (The Reed Ferguson Mystery Series Book 1) by Renee Pawlish
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
uncaged by sandford and cook Finished book 1. Don't know if I will do book 2. Not to real and a little teenagerish.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.