cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What is this "Live the Dream" banner on every page.

carl2591
Explorer III
Explorer III
it says it's like a sort of sales and marketing job. What are you selling, when are you selling, and what is the deal..

not intrested in going through the process just window shopping to see if it might fit.
Carl2591, Raleigh NC
2005 Airstream Classic 31D
2003 Ford F-250 SD, CC, 7.3L modded diesel machine
Every day is a new day with potential to be life changing.
16 REPLIES 16

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

carl2591
Explorer III
Explorer III
ok so i got some more info and it is a sales job and doing campground inspections and more.

some of the stuff includes:

Sell advertising space in the Good Sam RV Travel & Savings Guide Sell advertising for the GoodSamCamping.com website
Sell advertising for the Goodsamclub.com website
Enroll qualified RV parks and campgrounds in the Good Sam Park program
Increase new Good Sam members

It is a two person type job and you must have some advertizing sales experience.. the amount of 40K was used as a average with the jobs 100% commission. Submitting campground reports you get payed for as well.

They do have protected territories you can get and with good results keep.

There is a lot of paper work involved.

So now we know what "Living The Dream" is..
Carl2591, Raleigh NC

carl2591
Explorer III
Explorer III
my bad,, it made sense with he live the dream thing.. Oh well guess I will have to find out for sure.

4X4Dodger wrote:
carl2591 wrote:
SO after a bit of digging and some forum reading i happen to come across a comment where someone was thinking about doing RV hauling and wanted info..

I happened to read a sentence on the last post on this page from 4X4Dodger that opened a door.

"This job is NOT about "Living the Dream" as their ads say...it's Work. Period."

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28294340/srt/pa/pging/1/page/2.cfm

So the ad in NOT to inspect camping parks.

A bad way to make a living from reading the posts. Lots of miles on your truck and the pay is suspect plus when you pull a unit to god knows where you have to either drive back on your dime, try to find something to haul back.

Guess it was not what we thought.. NOW you know..

Since I wrote that line I want to be very clear. I wrote that in response to someone asking about doing RV Hauling for a company not associated with GSE. My comments in that post were not all negative either. I tried to paint a realistic picture...cut through the ad hype.

What this job is at GSE is unknown to me and had nothing to do with the statement copied above...that is not to say that the ultimate warning implicit in my statement might not apply to this GSE job also.

I also do not see any ad banners on my pages so I am not sure exactly what is being referenced here.
Carl2591, Raleigh NC

tracyb-oh
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like we still don't know....
Tracy and T
2017 Sanibel 5th wheel
2015 Dodge Ram crew cab long bed Cummins diesel

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
carl2591 wrote:
SO after a bit of digging and some forum reading i happen to come across a comment where someone was thinking about doing RV hauling and wanted info..

I happened to read a sentence on the last post on this page from 4X4Dodger that opened a door.

"This job is NOT about "Living the Dream" as their ads say...it's Work. Period."

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28294340/srt/pa/pging/1/page/2.cfm

A bad way to make a living from reading the posts. Lots of miles on your truck and the pay is suspect plus when you pull a unit to god knows where you have to either drive back on your dime, try to find something to haul back.

Since I wrote that line I want to be very clear. I wrote that in response to someone asking about doing RV Hauling for a company not associated with GSE. My comments in that post were not all negative either. I tried to paint a realistic picture...cut through the ad hype.

What this job is at GSE is unknown to me and had nothing to do with the statement copied above...that is not to say that the ultimate warning implicit in my statement might not apply to this GSE job also.

I also do not see any ad banners on my pages so I am not sure exactly what is being referenced here.

carl2591
Explorer III
Explorer III

Carl2591, Raleigh NC

carl2591
Explorer III
Explorer III
more than likely.. but why not just come out and say that?? all this cloak and dagger stuff.. most interesting. :B

2gypsies wrote:
It sounds like it for people to go around the country rating the Good Sam parks.
Carl2591, Raleigh NC

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds like it for people to go around the country rating the Good Sam parks.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

tracyb-oh
Explorer
Explorer
I would say email Christine Distl and Good Sam and ask her those questions. I clicked on the ad to get the info, the rest is up to you.
Tracy and T
2017 Sanibel 5th wheel

carl2591
Explorer III
Explorer III
so i guess no one know what the real deal is.. I know it sales, just sales of what, where, how.
Carl2591, Raleigh NC

tracyb-oh
Explorer
Explorer
Okay I was brave and clicked on it. It is an ad from the Good Sam RV Travel and campground people. I copy and pasted what the ad says below:

Seeking highly motivated couples looking for an exciting opportunity in sales & marketing while traveling in your own RV as independent contractors.

Good Sam is looking for highly qualified, self-motivated couples with proven sales experience.

Don't miss out! Contact us to learn more
Email Christine Distl with the Subject Line: AC Desk Web
christine.distl@goodsam.com

Please include:
โ€ขyour name
โ€ขaddress
โ€ขphone number
Tracy and T
2017 Sanibel 5th wheel

Admin
Strange
I killed my FireFox and went to IE with no blocker and still don't see it.

Admin
Admin
RV.net

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
I don't see it. I have ad block plus and see no ads here
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
It is an "Exciting opportunity in Sales and Marketing" and you can click on it to "learn more"

I did not click.