cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's up with Rotochok?

dave_smith1
Explorer
Explorer
I've been trying to buy a 2nd Rotochok for a couple of weeks now & am really starting to get annoyed! I've called several times - every time got some hastily-recorded VM message that says to leave my info & they'll call me back. NOT!

I've also used their Contact form a couple times - no response there either. Are these people still in business? I heard the founders recently passed so maybe the 2nd generation has taken over. If so, I pity their business acumen...

Anybody have any recent contact with Rotochok lately?
Regards,
Dave & Kristi Smith
----------------------
2013 Arctic Fox 29-5K FW
2011 Ford F350 Lariat
Visit our RV site!
19 REPLIES 19

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Greentow wrote:
I don't know who might have taken over the business.... Pearl passed away a couple years ago. I used to go to the "factory" 3 or 4 times a year to get product for friends here on the web.

Guess I'll have to head over there again and see what I can find out. It's about 15 miles from my home in Dover, DE.

Have you had the opportunity yet to "investigate"?..:@

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered mine last spring as well, and they were at my door in 2 days. I was shocked.
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

Duck
Explorer
Explorer
I have a set sitting in the garage. Will have to see if they go up in value like art.
Don
08-FORD F350 PSD
13 Bighorn 3055RL {For Sale}

ddschuman
Explorer
Explorer
We ordered ours (2 sets) last spring online. They arrived on our doorstep UPS just a few days later. It was very simple, painless process and they work fantastic. Sorry they may be having restructuring issues now and am glad we got ours when we did. Wouldn't trade for them...Great product!
Escaping the real world in our "home away from home"
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
2016 Chevrolet 3500 High Country Duramax Dually

dave_smith1
Explorer
Explorer
Just an update. For those of you interested in a pair of Rotochoks & can't get the mfg. to respond or rather not spend $190 for the privilege: see if you can find a used set & make your own new side plates to fit your trailer! It's really not that hard - check out my adventure in our blog listed in sig.
Regards,
Dave & Kristi Smith
----------------------
2013 Arctic Fox 29-5K FW
2011 Ford F350 Lariat
Visit our RV site!

dave_smith1
Explorer
Explorer
FYI - just got this reply back from Rotochok! Guess almost 30 days to respond is SOP for them now? Time will tell if their restructuring was successful. I already bought a pair on the used market.

Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:49 AM
To: Dave Smith
Subject: Re: Contact Us

David,
Yes we are still in business, we have been going through some business restructuring but are in business!

Dianne@Rotochok

Contact Us
Question: Are you still in business?
Time Sent: 12:04 AM February 19, 2014
Regards,
Dave & Kristi Smith
----------------------
2013 Arctic Fox 29-5K FW
2011 Ford F350 Lariat
Visit our RV site!

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a pair from Amazon in January (great product, by the way!). And since Ed and I closed OUR "mom and pop" business for 3 weeks while we vacationed - yes, I understand that there can be gaps in communication.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Mom and pop businesses always have contact issues at times. If folks take a vacation, or a family emergency comes up - no contact for two weeks is not unusual.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

“Not all who wander are lost.”
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

cmoecmoe
Explorer
Explorer
I called their number today and they answered.

They said "Hello" - I asked if it was Rotochok and she said yes...

Did not go any further.

Craig
Craig & Annette
2015 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax
2014 300x12 XLR Toy Hauler
2008 Harley Ultra Classic

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
When I search for "Rotochok" using Bing, it came up with the website and this little message was in the description.

rotochok.com status: EXPIRED. The domain "rotochok.com" has expired. If you are the owner, please login to your domain manager at http://domains.delaware.net/ for ...

The website still works.
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
mlts22 wrote:
Sad to see them change for the worse. Sign of the times.

It's *NOT* a "sign of the times"..:S

As others have stated, both Pearl and her husband passed away.
It was a "Mom and Pop" operation - no idea if there were any employees, as you would always talk to Pearl if you called.
.....Which was *always* a genuine pleasure!

Apparently "a relative" took over the business.
Since "we" don't know the volume (or lack of it), unfortunately, he/they may not have the time (other job?) or dedication to run it.

IIRC Rotos were briefly advertised in the "Geno's" -Dodge parts catalogs- (after the owner's passings) - but not in the current issue. (Effort to increase sales?)

*If* the patent/s (or?) have been sold, hopefully the new(?) owners
will get production going again.

~

"Greentow" - please post your "findings" when you have the time to investigate in person.
Thanks in advance - The info/updates would be appreciated..:)

~

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
NoLookingBack wrote:
I bought mine after Pearle had passed. Had no problems with ordering or service. Still that was some 18 months ago. So who knows what had occurred in the intervening time.

Same here- bought after Pearle passed and about the same timeframe ago.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
Sad to see them change for the worse. Sign of the times.

cmoecmoe
Explorer
Explorer
Is Rotochok still around?

Craig
Craig & Annette
2015 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax
2014 300x12 XLR Toy Hauler
2008 Harley Ultra Classic