cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Why hasn't Webber built a QD hose for their grill?

Roundtwo-40
Explorer
Explorer
With the amount of interest in how to build a quick disconnect hose to use your Webber gas grill off the low pressure QD on the RV I would have to wonder why Webber (or other supplier) has not stepped up with a ready made kit for this application, seems like a market niche that needs filling.. JMO.
2013 Jayco Eagle 328RLTS w/15K AC
2013 Ram 2500 CTD CC 4X4
Equalizer 14K,PI PT30C Surge
10 REPLIES 10

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Simple to do yourself and make your own kit if you know the parts. Here's how I did my Weber Q:

Weber Conversion

Some folks have had good luck with leaving the regulator in the Weber and others report low flame. I took my regulator off and installed the fitting noted in my post above. Takes about 5 minutes to put it all together. Works fantastic.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Community Alumni
Not applicable
My MH came with the Weber and the quick disconnect hose.
As far as a double regulator that is not an issue.

JimR

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
I beleive they have.. however it is not marketed by them and it is a special grill as well.

The problem is this: Different trailers, Different low pressure QD's.

This is why I recommend the Extend-a-stay/extend-a-flow type devices. Universal QD (Looks like the top of a disposable bottle) works with most everything Webber makes save for the humungous jobs with like a million BTU's (ok, I'm exgaratting a bit here)

I agree with wa8xym on just using a high pressure tap, either the SturgiSafe or Camco and a 12 foot hose with the proper ends. I have never had a problem with any appliance that uses full tank or cylinder pressure and has it's own regulator. I don't think there are many of the Marshall Brass Extend-a-stay/flows left as they quit making them a while ago.

I will admit that I turn off my tank when attaching the hose but when I was younger and didn't have Arthur-itis I didn't, but it takes me a while now so I turn the tank off and connect and turn the valve back on. If the refer is on, there is usually enough gas in the system that I don't even have to relight the refer, stove top or oven.

Besides I bet it's cheaper too.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
In the end there are no universal connection standards. Removing LP regulators and altering the connections creates lots of liability issues that I imagine Weber prefers not to get involved with.
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I beleive they have.. however it is not marketed by them and it is a special grill as well.

The problem is this: Different trailers, Different low pressure QD's.

This is why I recommend the Extend-a-stay/extend-a-flow type devices. Universal QD (Looks like the top of a disposable bottle) works with most everything Webber makes save for the humungous jobs with like a million BTU's (ok, I'm exgaratting a bit here)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
A few years ago, I bought a Weber Q table top electric grill for my enclosed back porch at home. Gee, it was only $200, and to clean the bottom all you had to do was take the thing apart with a screwdriver, re-line the bottom with aluminum foil to catch the drippings and reflect enough heat to grill a steak the same day you wanted to eat it, and re-assemble. I set it out on the curb and somebody 'stole' it. Weber makes a great charcoal grill, but I don't think they fully understand electric.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Roundtwo-40
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I am aware of that, once the grill reg is removed you are left with 1/8"NPT threads that you need to convert to a QD for the hose, this is the part where a "kit" would be helpful. I am perfectly capable of building my own, it would just be easier to have a kit made up in my opinion.
2013 Jayco Eagle 328RLTS w/15K AC
2013 Ram 2500 CTD CC 4X4
Equalizer 14K,PI PT30C Surge

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
It requires more than just a hose as the grill would be double regulated. It can be done by removing the grill requlator (google this mod). However, then you will stuck with the RV QD option. We like for our weber grill to mobile.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Too small of a market to provide adequate return on investment.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
Around 10-15 years ago Full size Weber gas grills came with quick disconnects. Then they promptly discontinued them. I never noticed anything published as for the reason to discontinue them - possible some sort of safety issue. I sure did like them ... It took me a while to convert my bottles over to the new style connecters.

Mr Heater still sells quick disconnect kits, available at hardware stores and suppliers such as Northern Tool

Northern Tool
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292