cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winnebago Sightseer 33c Furnace

Dr_Jay
Explorer
Explorer
Hi. I own a 2013 Winnebago Sightseer 33C class A. It has a heat distribution problem because lpg furnace is on ther ps is little warm air forced out to the main compartment vents. The rig does not get warm when the outside temp is no greater than 30 F. I called Winnebago and they pretty much admit that it is a design problem with the model. They recommend replacing some of the vent covers with lovered ones. I have my doubts about this fix. Does anyone out here have other suggestions. Thank you.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
Greater Boston Area
2 REPLIES 2

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2012 33C. Haven't had the problem you are having. You might want to take the vent ceiling covers off and see if the little styrofoam they have put up there is blocking the actual vent. We had a loose piece that partially covered the vent. We moved it back in place and was good.

alid
Explorer
Explorer
We winter camp quite often with our Winnie 32h. But also had problems with the heater keeping up.

I noticed that the during the heat cycle that the burner would come on and off. I also thought that the volume of heated air was not very good. I figured that the burner was shutting off on the high limit switch.
Unfortunately we were out of warranty. So I paid to have a new blower motor and limit switches installed.
Didn't fix the problem.

So I re-evaluated the situation..
If you look in your motorhome there is only ONE return to the heater located in the bedroom against the rear wall (at least it is on my motorhome).

That return vent is the same size *only one* as all of the other outlets. To me this is a big problem.

This is how I fixed my problem.

I pulled the return grate off and looked inside and found that I could double the size of the return opening. I went to the local home store and found a bronze plate to go over the larger hole.. Expanded the return hole to the new larger size.

Now my burner doesn't cycle on and off while the t-state is calling for heat. the volume of heated air is much better. I also had a basement vent in an area that didn't need the heat.. so I closed off that vent. I also insulated the basement storage areas.

I do use an electric heater up front because of all of the heat loss from the windshield.

I have overnight-ed at below 0 temps, when it is that cold I can use 30lbs of propane in 24hrs. But I am warm.

PM me if you need to.
2009 Winnebago Adventure 32h
2006 Terry Quantum 330FKDS (beach getaway)
2003 Aprilia Atlantic 500
2007 Honda Reflex
2 house rabbits "George and MiMi"