cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Generator

Buster52
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at buying a generator for my 5th wheel trailer. I want something to run the A/C if it gets to hot and I have no shore power. I am looking at the Champion Model 46539. Any thumbs up or down on it?

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Buster52 wrote:
Will 2 Honda 2000 watt generators run 8 hours without being fueled up?

The 2 EU2000's together will run about 6 hours while running the AC.. I went and got myself a 6 gallon Extended Run fuel tank , I now can run about 15 hrs on max and much , much longer without the AC.. We only use them while at the races also... Richmond in 3 weeks !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Golden_HVAC wrote:
A pair of very portable 49 pound HOnda 2000 inverter generators are 1/2 the noise, easy to move around, and can be linked together to provide the 4000 watts of start up power.

The other units, including the Onan that is built into most motorhomes are very noisy! Only the water cooled diesel Onan's are quiet, but most are diesel, and still tend to be noisier than the Honda gas models.

Mayberrys.com has the generators and the kit to hook it up to a 30 amp RV.

Fred.

I don't consider my Onan very noisy.
One thing I have come to understand is that in a quiet CG setting they are all noisy!
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
Buster52 wrote:

They make a 6gal tank that can be hooked to 1 or 2 of the Honda 2000I generators. I have only 1 2000I that I use when we go to races to run my 5th wheel though not the AC. We are usually there for 5-6 days and only use about 3gal of gas. I have 3 other friends that use 2 of the Hondas hooked together to run their 5th wheel ACs and all three say they are happy and wouldn't change their setup.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

Mr_Beebo
Explorer
Explorer
Buster, Champion makes two of the 2000 Watt models, that will generate 3400 watts continuous, which will run your ac. They cost me about $1100 for the pair, including the linking kit. They are very quiet and while I expect you will not be staying in a campground while running them all night, they do have the capacity that you are seeking.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS
2009 Silverado 2500 6.0

Buster52
Explorer
Explorer

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
easy to move around, and can be linked together to provide the 4000 watts of start up power.

Not sure thats true. Two 2000 watt hondas with parellel cable produce on 3000 watts...

Be careful as that will be an expensive mistake to buy them...

IMO governed gens although louder have more power as there is no AVR thats electronic...
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
A pair of very portable 49 pound HOnda 2000 inverter generators are 1/2 the noise, easy to move around, and can be linked together to provide the 4000 watts of start up power.

The other units, including the Onan that is built into most motorhomes are very noisy! Only the water cooled diesel Onan's are quiet, but most are diesel, and still tend to be noisier than the Honda gas models.

Mayberrys.com has the generators and the kit to hook it up to a 30 amp RV.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
I had that model mounted in a ventilated metal box on the back of a Jayco TT. It was too loud for me and it vibrated the TT. I now have a Honda 3000 but my ac is only 13,500.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
That is an extremely noisy unit. Spend a bit more and get an inverter generator.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.