cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winnebago Skylight

jgraves912
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone found replacement for Winnebago part # 122215-01-02 outer dome of skylight. I bought one in 2018 because of hail damage for $220.00 and freight. Thought then that was kind of high. Well got the roof getting snow off and laid my hand wrong spot and with weight on it cracked it yesterday. So called and expected to pay the $220.00 again or little more. Wrong to my shock the price is $450.00 now without freight. Can someone tell how you this much increase in two years. I called talked Winnebago they the price was right. My question is anyone ever try the other ones on internet? And if so which one? This is my last Winnebago product ever tired of them sticking to customers and not standing up for products they make.
5 REPLIES 5

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Is this the openable Midi-Heki vent? They are German made and extremely expensive. For a long time you had to buy an entirely new vent assembly. They are owned by Dometic now. So you might search the Dometic site for the skylight and parts.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Similar to you,I had one crack. A couple of years later the replacement developed a small crack. I did the eternabond patch, it's still holding up.
For a permanent replacement, I've been contemplating, fibreglassing over the existing skylight (using it at a form) and blending the new fibreglass/resin into the existing fibreglass roof. Then it would be seamless, nothing to caulk or leak.
The only difference on the inside would be less natural light.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

2_many_2
Explorer III
Explorer III
Take a look here: Clicky

I have two of these and you can stand on them. When I called them on the phone about sizing they were very helpful.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
We bought an outer dome of the right size for our TT on Amazon. It fit and I was able to install it easily.

Would not even consider asking Forest River for the part.

Mainly because they would not stock something like that. If they have a build run coming up soon which will use that part, they might order and extra, and after it arrives, ship it to me.

Winnebago likely has to order the part from the manufacturer, then ship it to you. The RV manufacturer is a retail customer of parts like that.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is this a corner or rectangular shaped skylight? Try doing a search for the part number, just the part number. You might find one.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT