cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

WOW! this shouldnt sway!

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not mine, don't know who`s it is. just came across it while searching DP`s.

Built in anti sway! to a point.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!
11 REPLIES 11

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
My bumper pull horse trailer is built like that. It has no ballast at all in the back. Totally empty. An already fairly heavy TW becomes even heavier when the front dressing room is loaded with all the tack for a show. Put one horse in the front stall, and TW goes up even more. Tows rock solid and like a dream.
IMO, this is the best way to design and build a trailer.

PS, I tow this trailer often and far with my Nissan Frontier. Use a blueox swaypro WD hitch, adjusted to give 100% FALR. This is a correct towing setup. Even under heavy braking ans swerving manuveours....and yes, I do occasionally practice heavy braking and swerves with my trailers....just like I regularly practice heavy braking riding my motorcycles.

EDIT: here's a pic ( w/o WD ) the day I was getting new tires put on the trailer. We can see that with a horse in the front stall, he is over and ahead of the axles.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Wow, hope there's some serious ballast in the back! That's some tounge weight...
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
That axle placement is like a horse trailer. That's the way they all ought to be built IMO.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks Barney.

As you can see its not the way the picture was taken. its the way it was built!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
I bet when it was new the dealer said it could be towed with a small SUV.
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tvov wrote:
dodge guy wrote:

Do you mean because it looks like the axles are set so far back? I think it is just the picture angle, possibly done intentionally to make the camper look bigger.

Nope they are set that far back! Iโ€™ve seen one other one in a camp ground but never got a picture. When I seen this I remembered it. Thatโ€™s how it was built.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:

Do you mean because it looks like the axles are set so far back? I think it is just the picture angle, possibly done intentionally to make the camper look bigger.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
coolmom42 wrote:
Looks like a nice trailer, if you can get past the greeeeeeeennnnnn carpet! ๐Ÿ˜„

And also get past the owners asking price. Another seller thinking a turd is a gold brick. They apparently feel the value is based on online NADA by selecting all the individual options which add to the value, of which 98% were standard items on an 01 Rockwood.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a nice trailer, if you can get past the greeeeeeeennnnnn carpet! ๐Ÿ˜„
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

mooky_stinks
Explorer
Explorer
Holy tongue weight Batman!
2020 F150 XL Screw 4x4 6.5โ€box
3.5 ecoboost Max tow HDPP
7850 GVW. 4800 RAWR
2565 payload

2020 Cougar 29RKS 5th wheel