cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You MIGHT be an RV'r if . . .

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
As a takeoff on Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck" bit, here's a few thoughts that have popped into my mind. I will admit to being guilty of SOME of these!

You MIGHT be an RV'r if. . .

. . . the Camping World Master Catalog arrives and you lock yourself in the bathroom for an hour with a cordless phone and your VISA card.

. . . when someone asks how many people can sleep in your RV, you and your spouse answer in unison, "JUST TWO!"

. . . you could re-plumb, or re-wire your RV blindfolded, but if the dishwasher in your house quits, you tell your wife to call somebody.

. . . the sheets, towels, and small appliances in your RV are all brand new and color co-ordinated, but in your house it's the same stuff you bought at garage sales when you first got married.

. . . you're not at Camping World within 10 minutes of opening on Saturday morning, and they call your house to see if you're OK.

. . . at home it's Pop Tarts, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and leftovers, but in the CG it's full breakfasts, porterhouse, boiled shrimp, and fresh sweetcorn.

OK, folks, let's hear some more!
669 REPLIES 669

G7ARYM
Explorer
Explorer
if.. your RV has 2 AC's, 2 TV's, surround sound and mirrored wardrobe doors while your home of 25 years has 1 TV and none of the others.

if.. your new RV cost as much as your new home did 25 years ago.

goin2themountai
Explorer
Explorer
if....you know to abbreviate Tow Vehicle, and to spell out television.
Puller: '08 HD3500 4x4 dually,CC Duramax/Allison.
Pullee: 2008 Montana 3605RL 10th Anniversary Package, Reese 16k w/ slider (holdover from old shortbed)

jnesta
Explorer
Explorer
if - you've ever wondered how comfortable it would be to sleep in the restaurant booth where you're eating dinner.
'02 Suburban 2500 4x4 8.1 3.73 (Sold!)
'01 Sunline 280 SR (Sold!)
New "RV": 91 vw Vanagon MV Weekender!

ridingfamily4
Explorer
Explorer
if - your kids can pack better than most adults (and in much less time!)

if - you have had the "black water bath" - unfortunately, everyone I know has done it at least once!!
The one who laughs last, thinks slowest! :B

2001 Minnie Winnie
2004 Enclosed trailer
2012 Artic Cat Wildcat
2013 Honda 400
2010 Honda 250
1991 Navy at A School
1995 Getting ready for college!
2001 Boxer

Mrs__Mik
Explorer
Explorer
Fort_Turner wrote:
You might be an RV'er if you both get excited because your kid's room has a door!

And even MORE excited if it's a REAL door and not just a pleated one! LOL
See my profile for more information!

Fort_Turner
Explorer
Explorer
You might be an RV'er if you both get excited because your kid's room has a door!
2006 Terry Quantium 2952BS 5'ver
2001 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 LB V10

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
got another one . . .

. . .Might be an RV'er if your license plate holder says, "Can't do this in a Tent"
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

7happycampers
Explorer
Explorer
Mike& Rose wrote:
๐Ÿ˜ฎ ......If the Camping World catalogue gets you more excited then the Victoria Secret Catalogue!:E

I don't care who ya are....that's funny right there. ROFL

Kevin & Crew
Kevin

Jenny Our Angel Remembering Jenny
Abbie (Rescued Treeing Walker Coonhound)
Guido (Rescued Italian Greyhound)Remembering Guido
Kendall (Rescued Border Collie)
Piper (Rescued Border Collie)
My dog isn't spoiled..........He just smells that way.

jfmoots
Explorer
Explorer
Stevevdw wrote:
....if Momma doesn't care that the kids are sleeping 15 feet away! Sorry, just had to! ๐Ÿ˜‰

LOL! Love it! That's my kinda momma!
James, Hollie, 2 boys, 2 dogs
06 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD
11 Sabre 31RLTS-6
B/W Companion, Prodigy Brake Controller,
Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 w/ LoadController II

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . a pair of warm, dry socks has brought tears to your eyes.

Stevevdw
Explorer
Explorer
....if Momma doesn't care that the kids are sleeping 15 feet away! Sorry, just had to! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Steve n' Lisa, Nathan & Hannah
2005 Jayco 29BHS & lots of other junk
1999 F-150 Lariat Extended cab 5.4 V8
Reese HP/DC WDH, Prodigy Controller
Trying to learn all Mom & Dad forgot about raising Kids

hendersonb
Explorer
Explorer
If...your DW requests for a birthday gift an electric tongue jack instead of diamonds.
2008 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.4 PSD
2008 Montana 3400RL

Mike__Rose
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ˜ฎ ......If the Camping World catalogue gets you more excited then the Victoria Secret Catalogue!:E
See you on the road!

camprclan
Explorer
Explorer
You MIGHT be a redne- er,uh, I mean RVer if the back of your camper has a "I'm not speedin', I'm qualifying" bumpersticker.

You MIGHT be a redn- aw, shucks!!! I mean a RVer if your spare tire carrier has a giant number "3" decal on it.

YOU might be a RVer if you think Rand McNally is # 1 on the NY Times Best seller list.

You might be a RED-....no-no-no!....a RVer dag-nabit,if ya figure your fuel mileage out to the tenth of a gallon, but ya don't know how much heatin' oil your home furnace burned last winter.

You could possibly be a RVer if you insist on backing into your campsite even though it's a pull through.

COWolfPack
Explorer
Explorer
red3 wrote:
If... you know how to get those little maps that show all the places you've been onto your RV forum profile... ๐Ÿ˜ž

red3,

Check out this thread:

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/16809248.cfm

Doh! I just gave myself away on that one. Guess I'm an RV'er.
:C Tom
:B my DW Kim
๐Ÿ˜› our son Connor
Shadow my 70lb lap dog (Golden Retriever)
Cheyenne (Yellow Lab) -- Waiting for us at the rainbow bridge.
Skye (Blue Healer/Austrailian Shepherd mix)
Queenie 50lbs of curiosity (Tri-colored Collie)